Responsible for managing restaurant operations, in conjunction with or in the absence of the Restaurant Manager. Uses discretion in daily management decisions with accountability for ensuring effective execution of the Service Profit Chain (SPC), and Brand Promise. Primary responsibilities are to provide excellent internal service, external service, and building restaurant sales and profit while ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
KEY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: • Internal Service: Recruits, selects, trains, develops, and evaluates restaurant employees. Monitors staffing levels to ensure sufficient development and talent; ensures systems for training employees on workstations are fully implemented and adhered to by management and team members; identifies and develops internal candidates for management and Team Leader positions. Works with restaurant team to ensure effective execution of “My Promise to You” and the Service Profit Chain; creates a restaurant environment that friendly, fun, clean, and safe; treats all employees with care and respect; motivates and inspires employees to achieve high performance while adhering to Company procedures; recognizes and rewards employees appropriately. Understands and utilizes JIB systems, processes, and tools; and complies with all state and federal labor laws and regulations.
• External Service: Manages daily activities to achieve excellence in restaurant operational performance. Ensures guests receive an exceptional experience by properly training employees and holding the restaurant team accountable for consistently delivering excellent guest service and food quality. Monitors adherence with all JIB systems, procedures, and food safety requirements; reviews practices and modifies as needed to continuously improve the guest experience. Maintains visibility and interaction with guests; responds to guest concerns and complaints in a timely and professional manner, and ensures positive resolution. Maintains a positive brand image by ensuring consistent food quality, guest service, and restaurant cleanliness & maintenance. Serves as a role model for excellent guest service.
• Higher Profits: Partners with Restaurant Manager in using management information tools to analyze restaurant operational and financial performance each Period, including I&E, quality and service reports, health inspections, HACCP, etc; identifies trends and consults with management on implementing action plans for improvement; uses data to analyze business results; and contacts regional and CSC resources as needed. Develops and executes action plans to increase restaurant sales and profitability by executing the Service Profit Chain and understanding its impact on the overall business; considers cost/benefit impact of financial decisions and works to protect the JIB brand. Monitors costs and adherence to budget and restaurant goals.
QUALIFICATIONS: • Education - High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Experience – Internal Promote: Minimum of 1+ years experience as a Shift Leader or 1 year experience as an Assistant Manager in a customer service environment; must be 100% certified in all workstations. External Recruit: Minimum of 3 years experience as an Assistant Manager with some P&L responsibility.
• Knowledge/Skills/Abilities – Must be at least 18 years old; must complete Assistant Manager training classes; must be ServSafe certified. Requires ability to speak, read, and write effectively in English; excellent interpersonal skills; ability to perform and understand basic math concepts (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division); proven analytical skills; and good organization and planning skills. Is a self-starter who takes initiative and willingly accepts responsibility. Working knowledge of personal computers and related software applications. Must possess a valid driver’s license, insurance, and use personal vehicle to make bank deposits and travel to other restaurants/business locations as required. Demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior.
• Physical Requirements - Ability to stand and walk approximately 85%-95% of shift; ability to lift and carry 10-65 lbs; ability to move freely throughout the restaurant; ability to operate restaurant equipment and drive a motor vehicle. Ability to operate a computer keyboard.