Classification: Hourly / Non-Exempt
Reports to: Chef de Cuisine
Summary/Objective: The Cook is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef with all planning and prepping of all Club meals.
- Carefully follows standard recipes while preparing assigned items for food service
- Consistently uses safe and sanitary food handling practices
- Assists other cooks during emergencies or rush periods
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to insure safe and sanitary food-handling practices
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock
- Assists in plating food items for service
- Handles leftover food items as instructed by the Executive Chef
- Cleans assigned work station areas
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters
- Consult with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs
Required Education and Experience:
- Able to express creativity through food selections, preparation and presentation
- Able to solve problems quickly under pressure
- Degree from accredited culinary school and/or equivalent experience
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand for long periods of time, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull food trays, carts up to 40 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change.
- Full time position
- Flexible schedule needed: weekends and holidays included
- Includes paid time off and holidays
- Healthcare benefits and 401k benefits included
- Shift Meals
- Rate of pay will commensurate with experience
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Posting ID: 74250713Posted: 2020-01-14