The Wastewater Collection System Supervisor position requires knowledge of grinder pump operations, repairs and installations, ability to supervise and train staff, good communication skills, operate installation equipment, perform underground utility locates and manage paperwork daily.
1. Knowledge of various types of grinder pumps, including the ability to repair and rebuild as needed.
2. Ability to train subordinate staff in service, repairs and installation of all types of grinder pumps.
3. Assist staff in the field 70% of the time with remaining time spent in office.
4. Communicate with customers, FGCC personnel, vendors, and contractors in a professional, effective manner.
5. Ability to operate backhoe, skid steer, rock hammer, etc.
6. Ability to coordinate and complete all assigned tasks in a timely manner with the assistance of Grinder Pumps staff.
7. Manage work load of staff, warranty issues and service log database.
8. Order grinder pump parts.
9. Provide daily/weekly/monthly progress reports to the WW Director.
10. Perform employee evaluations.
11. Ability to multi-task.
12. Have the discipline to perform duties daily in an efficient manner.
13. Adhere to and train staff on all Company policies.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid TN drivers license - CDL preferred
- 3 - 5 years progressive experience in the sewer collections industry.
- Must obtain Collections 1 certification within 18 months
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Software.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, holidays and extended hours. Able to work with little supervision at times. On-call position.
-Active listening skills and ability to articulate information both verbally and in writing
- Normal speech, hearing, and vision, lifting of 50 pounds (more where applicable with assistance). This position requires employee be available and in physical condition to operate equipment in adverse weather conditions when necessary. Long hours and weekends and required when business demands.
-Ability to work on several tasks simultaneously; maintain composure when dealing with stressful situations; absolute confidentiality required.
Posting ID: 74279611Posted: 2020-09-18