This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill Industries of Central Illinois. The Production Clerk I is a member of the Retail team who is responsible for identifying the value of the donation, accurately sorting donations to the proper location, and consistently exceeding production standards for the location. Other duties include providing excellent customer service and team atmosphere.
The responsibilities, work schedule, qualifications, physical demands and work environment summarized here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Summarized Essential Responsibilities
• Accurately sorts donations according to price and tag guidelines
• Identifies the value of donation
• Complies with pull cycle per goodwill standards
• Consistently exceeds production goals as set for location
• Provides excellent customer service; greets customers at donation door and in store front
• Sorts and processes donations
• Identifies and produces salvage according to requirements
• Maintains accurate records and reports such as donation and gaylord counts, and supply orders
• Maintains production/warehouse area in a clean, neat and organized condition
• Performs janitorial and housekeeping duties as needed
• Follows policies and procedures outlined in the Employee Handbook
• Performs merchandise handling tasks as required
• Monitors and recognizes security risks and assists in their prevention
• Complies with all safety standards for lifting and moving materials, operating equipment and wearing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
• Identifies and corrects conditions that affect employee and customer safety
• Maintains Goodwill dress code requirements
• Adheres to store scheduling as agreed upon with management
• Stays abreast of company procedures by successfully passing all quizzes.
• Provides general information about Goodwill programs to educate customers and answer questions.
• Embraces the values, vision and mission of Goodwill of Central Illinois
• Other related duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications
• Must be at least 16 years of age
• Possesses basic math skills
• Conveys information clearly through verbal and written communication
• Works independently while fostering a strong team atmosphere
• Demonstrates professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Demonstrates the ability to be consistently at work and on time on scheduled work days
• Requires ability to lift and move donations of textiles and wares
• Requires ability to perform sorting and packing tasks to secure donations
• Ensures compliance with all policies, procedures, safety, and other applicable regulatory standards
• Ability to apply decisions appropriate for situation at hand, and which are in the best interest of Goodwill
• CPR/First Aid/AED Certification may be required; training will be offered by Goodwill if applicable
• Commitment to continued learning and engaged participation in mandatory trainings offered by Goodwill
• Ability to work in a team environment, fostering two-way communication
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
• Stands and for long periods of time throughout the day, 4-8 hours
• Lifts or moves up to fifty (50) pounds safely on and off wares tables three and a half (3.5) feet high, retail shelving fixtures up to ten (10) feet high, clothing racks four (4) feet high, and z-racks six (6) feet high
• Requires the ability to perform a combination of tasks for extended periods such as stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, lifting, reaching, carrying, pushing or pulling objects in order to sort and hang clothing, and place housewares on shelves and racks
• Works in a light industrial/warehouse environment with exposure to heat and cold
• Subject to exposure to allergens including dirt, dust, mold, metals, rubber, plastics, latex, and pet hair.
• Pushes and pulls z-racks holding up to 100 pieces of clothing and weighing a minimum of 150 pounds
• Bends and reaches into gaylords five (5) feet high to remove clothing and house wares
• Ability to push carts weighing up to 150 pounds
• Ability to use a pallet jack with loads of up to 500 pounds
• Demonstrates visual acuity to evaluate donated items for quality
• Requires the ability to identify smells to evaluate donations for undesirable odors - mold, must, dust, bodily fluids and/or urine.
An individual must be able to be work a flexible or irregular schedule. Must be able to work weekends and holidays per production and business needs.
Overall Goodwill Industries of Central IL Benefits Opportunities:
To learn more about our Mission and Values, please go to www.goodwillpeo.org.
Goodwill Industries of Central IL is EEO Employer