Job Title: Executive Meeting Manager (EMM)
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Director of Sales
Job Description Date: November 1, 2017
Job Purpose: The Executive Meeting Manager (EMM) will solicit, negotiate and confirm new and repeat business through various efforts (lead follow up, telemarketing, direct mail, referrals, internet prospecting, etc.) to maximize revenues to meet/exceed individual revenue goals. The EMM will prepare and execute sales contracts, event orders, group resumes to ensure quality product delivery and customer satisfactions. The EMM will serve and assist in coordinating all function details with clients to include but not limited to space requirements, meeting times, equipment, menus, billing, etc.
1. Receive and respond to all customer inquiries within four business hours. Negotiate and capture all profitable Rooms & Catering business in accordance with selective selling guidelines.
2. Ability to conduct successful site tours and pre-con meetings when required.
3. Prepare and send requested collateral materials to designated clients or guests. Common collateral materials might include catering menus, brochures, meeting room layout & seating capacity diagrams, area maps & brochures.
4. Prepare and send requested proposals and contracts to designated potential clients.
5. With each customer, coordinate all details pertaining to "Rooming Lists" to include room types, shared rooms, room locations, handicap-accessible rooms, room billing, etc.
6. Continuously educate Event Planners on hotel procedures, such as: meal guarantees, set-up styles, payment terms, available hotel services, etc.
7. Coordinate all details to appear on each "Banquet Event Order." Details to coordinate may include meeting room set-up specifications, banquet food & beverage items, audio/visual equipment & billing details.
8. On a regular basis, distribute final Rooming Lists and Banquet Event Orders to all applicable service staff, including the Banquet Service Staff, the Food Preparation Staff and the Rooms Division.
9. Meet clients upon arrival and prior to departure to ensure all details of the contract are being delivered.
10. In a timely, accurate and consistent manner, document and report all sales activities as required.
11. Maintain an active list of top accounts to ensure continuous relationship building activities. Top accounts should be contacted, visited, entertained, etc. frequently.
12. Perform other services and duties as requested by the Director of Sales. May be called on to host functions and participate in, or conduct sales blitzes, travel and work extended hours to achieve departmental goals.
13. Understand the importance of raising the meeting planner evaluation scores and implement effective methods to ensure exceeding meeting planner satisfaction
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. Exhibit computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, and familiarity with brand specific property Management System(s).
2. Exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management and listening skills.
3. Use analytical skills for measuring business potential and value to the hotel.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education Bachelor's Degree or University in Hospitality, Business, Marketing, or related field
Experience Minimum 1 -2 year's experience in Convention Services, Banquet, Hotel Sales, Marketing, or equivalent education and experience.