Restaurant District Manager
2300 Nw Topeka Blvd
Topeka, KS 66608
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The District Manager is accountable for the performance of the Restaurant Management Teams in the district. The District Manager ensures that each Restaurant Management Team is performing their job responsibilities and meeting expectations in all areas of their job descriptions.
- Ensures all Team Members in the District are trained, motivated and empowered to deliver total Guest satisfaction.
- Evaluates each restaurant’s QSC standards. Provides regular feedback and coaching on improvement; conducts periodic inspections of the restaurant.
- Communicates all customer comments and concerns to the appropriate Restaurant Manager; follows up to ensure they are handled in a timely and effective way.
- Ensures all General Managers and GMITs receive appropriate orientation, training and development opportunities.
- Trains, coaches and provides regular performance feedback (positive and corrective) to motivate and improve the performance of all Team Members.
- Evaluates overall performance of General Managers and GMITs based on clearly communicated standards and expectations.
- Provides appropriate and effective counseling and/or discipline.
- Provides effective training and follow-up of new products, programs and changes.
- Actively recruits new General Managers and GMITs; ensures Team Members are prepared for promotion. Matches the skills and abilities of management to the needs of the restaurants to maximize results.
- Analyzes business performance; initiates appropriate corrective actions when deviations occur from financial expectations.
- Supports company-wide marketing programs; evaluates local restaurant marketing strategies developed by the Marketing Department.
- Ensures that business and personnel practices are within the law and consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Serves as a role model and sets a positive example for the entire team in all aspects of business and personnel management.
- Negotiates vendor contracts for the districts; follows company approval process for contracts.
- Upholds company food safety, food handling and sanitation requirements, to ensure the health and safety of our Guests and Team Members.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Work around heat.
- Work around others in close quarters.
- Move throughout the restaurant and observe restaurant operations and Team Member work performance.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds comfortably.
- Work with various cleaning products.
- Perform job at a continuous high pace, under pressure, while maintaining quality & speed standards.
- Any Candidate must be legally able to perform the duties of this position.
- 7-10 years previous restaurant experience required
- 3-5 years in management positions (preferably multi-unit restaurant experience including full-service, fast food or convenience)
- Financial planning aptitude including planning, budgeting, scheduling and P & L management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with others as a team
- Ability to meet performance standards
- Ability to take initiative and solve problems
What more could you ask for?
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid vacation
- Family atmosphere with a great work/life balance
- Opportunity to learn and grow
People, Hospitality, Integrity – this is what Capstone Restaurant Group is all about!
People are what drives the Capstone Restaurant Group. The Capstone Restaurant Group strives to reach the top of the restaurant and hospitality industry- the “Capstone”. Without good people, we will not succeed. We are always searching for talented team members that are interested in growing with us and are excited to provide our guests great hospitality, every visit, every experience.
When you join the Capstone Restaurant Group, you will be given the tools to not only succeed on the job, but we will work with you to develop your skills to take advantage of the constant promotion opportunities that we offer in all of our markets. We have opportunities at all levels of the Company. We are an equal opportunity employer who takes pride in our diverse workforce. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, where hard work and success is rewarded, we want to talk to you!
To learn more about Capstone Restaurants, go to . To learn more about the Hardee's and Carl’s Jr. Franchise, go to or .
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications with the job.
Capstone Restaurant Group is an equal opportunity employer.
I understand and acknowledge that Capstone Restaurant Group is an independently owned and operated franchisee of Carl’s Jr. Restaurants LLC and Hardee’s Restaurants LLC and, if I am hired Capstone Restaurant Group will be my employer, not Carl’s Jr. Restaurants or Hardee’s Restaurants. Further, I understand and acknowledge that Capstone Restaurant Group LLC is not acting as an agent for Carl’s Jr. Restaurants, Hardee’s Restaurants or any of its affiliates.