Role and Responsibilities
The porter position performs janitorial duties, light maintenance, and Housekeeping work as well as assisting with House Laundry functions and cleaning of public spaces. As an organization, we strive to hire qualified candidates who operate in agreement with our company core principles.
Duties include but are not limited to the items listed below:
- Responds to employee and guest requests in a courteous and timely manner.
- Removes linen from guest rooms after check out and replaces with clean linen
- Cleans public spaces to include corridors, lobby, vending area, and guest laundry
- Vacuums/sweeps and shampoo’s corridor flooring
- Ensure exterior of hotel is kept neat and clean including parking lot garbage cans are emptied, ashtrays kept clean, picking up lot rubbish, etc.
- Assist Housekeeping staff with duties including trash removal from rooms and carts
- Assist Maintenance Technician with light maintenance duties to include painting and preventative maintenance
- Assist with Laundry duties to include washing, drying, and folding of company linen and terry as well as general cleaning of house laundry area
- Assist with moving and storage of stock deliveries
- Follow company safety and security policies and procedures to include OSHA and BBP procedures
- Keeping the lobby area clean and neat to ensure a positive first impression for guests
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- Prior housekeeping and light maintenance experience at an extended stay hotel preferred.
Hotel Management Services seeks individuals with a team work attitude assisting in other areas as needed
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling and stooping. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period and work with cleaning chemicals.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
Posting ID: 74305368Posted: 2019-10-18