Position Reports To: Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
This role requires a hospitable demeanor and engaging personality provides many opportunities for long-term growth and development with the EG group. Responsible for crafting and managing the customer experience within the store. This role is designed for aspiring team members who are energized by working with people. Requires commitment to company standards, working with a sense of urgency, and dedication to fulfilling the essential job functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prioritize customer service through prompt and courteous service, attention to detail, and ability to anticipate needs of the customer.
- Invite customers into the store and ask that they return again at a later date.
- Maintain compliance through annual reviews of Anti-Money Laundering, tobacco and alcohol training programs, and safety procedures.
- Operate cash register system, money order machine, lotto terminal and credit card machine within established company guidelines.
- Provide clean and sanitary conditions for food and drink areas to ensure items are appealing to customers.
- Ensure that all supplies in the coffee and fast food area are stocked.
- Fill display cases in all areas of the store to ensure a full assortment of product is available to the customer.
- Maintain the exterior store conditions to enhance curb appeal of the property during all hours of operation.
- Ensure that the restrooms are exceptionally clean, sanitary, and stocked with all necessary supplies.
- Make safety a priority within the store.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Participate in training classes conducted by the company.
- Display a positive attitude that is contagious, speaking highly of the company in the presence of customers or other associates.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds minimum (but could be more based on job location), bend, stand, and walk for the entire shift.
- Must be available and willing to work some weekends and holidays.
- Previous experience in customer service/retail field.
- Stable work history.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Potential Career Path from this position:
- Full Time Store Associate
- Key Opener
- Assistant Store Manager
- Store Manager
- Store Auditor
- Loss Prevention
- QSR Manager
Job Codes to be used:
PDI – C-Store Group PCK
Statements included in this job profile do not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed as circumstances change.
Posting ID: 74306023Posted: 2020-02-19