Reporting to the General Manager and Restaurant Manager, the Host/Hostess greets and seats guests in a friendly and courteous manner, receives payment and assists other service personnel as needed to provide total guest satisfaction. Responds to and addresses guests concerns.
Key Business Areas
A “Key Business Area” is an area of performance in which the Host/Hostess must be successful to meet their accountabilities. Successful results in the Key Business Areas are supported by the following behaviors or actions:
- Greets guests immediately in a friendly manner upon arrival and acknowledges at departure
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and meets service cycle timing standards
- Seats guests at clean, dry tables utilizing proper seating rotation
- Determines and provides for any special needs of guests
- Maintains guest waiting list and adheres to proper seating order procedures
- Describes promotions and suggestively sells while seating guests; takes initial beverage order
- Attends to any other guest needs during the entire dining experience as warranted
- Demonstrates safe cash handling procedures in accordance with policy and accurately completes cash, credit card, and discount transactions
- Uses proper telephone etiquette
- Enters and delivers “To Go” orders correctly
- Addresses complaints promptly in a courteous manner, and notifies the supervisor of any issues
- Assists service personnel in providing beverage orders and refills and clearing and setting tables
- Willingly assists other team members without being asked
- Maintains proper supply of clean menus
- Lifts and carries supplies and equipment up to 30 lbs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of station and floor breakdowns
- Possesses strong product and menu knowledge
- Maintains foyer area of restaurant to be clean, organized and inviting to guests
- Completes all required side-work, including deep cleaning assignments
- Adheres to Denny’s Brand Standards and internal policies and procedures
- Provides courteous service and is cordial to all team members and guests
- Must have ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Must be able to pass all required tests and training requirements for the position
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Meets Denny’s uniform and grooming standards and maintains them throughout the shift
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, including holidays, nights and weekends
- Must have excellent guest service skills
- Must be dependable and able to learn basic tasks and follow instructions
- Must place a value on diversity and shows respect for others
- Must have ability to raise a tray weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, wipe, lift, and grasp
- Must have sufficient mobility to move and operate in work area
- Must be able to stand and walk during entire shift
- Must be able hear well in a loud environment to respond to employee and guest needs
- Must possess basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Must meet any state, county or municipal regulation pertaining to health risk concerns about food handling
- Must be able to observe and differentiate between monetary denominations
- Must be able to operate point of sale system
- Must be able to work around potentially hazardous chemicals
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or tasks which may be required to be performed in this position.
Employer may amend, change, or modify the responsibilities and duties of this position to meet business needs as necessary.
This job description does not constitute a contract for employment and may be changed at the discretion of the Employer with or without notice.