Sr Manager, Capital Budgeting and Planning - Now Hiring
Mclean, VA 22102
- Sunrise Leader
• Strategically develop, plan, and manage 3–5-year capital improvement plans for a portfolio or multiple portfolios of 80-100 senior living assets, with an aggregate annual budget of roughly $30 million dollars.
• Partner with Asset Management and Operations to prioritize needs within the portfolio by evaluating year to date performance, reviewing occupancy, and analyzing the competitive marketplace.
• Evaluate, prioritize, and develop scope of work for interior renovations to be included in the capital budget plans
• Review proposed capital budget submissions from Facilities, IT, Purchasing, Care, Dining departments. Work with each group to identify priorities and possible cuts to meet owner budget expectations
• Manage and track the implementation of budgeted projects. Provide direction and oversight to Facilities, IT, Purchasing and Design departments to ensure projects are within budget and completed by year end.
• Provide direction and oversight to project managers by reviewing design drawings and bids for projects to ensure they align with approved scope of work and budget expectations.
• Report on status of capital projects, year to date spend and anticipated total spend to capital partner monthly. Monitor and report on significant variances and schedule/timeline risks.
• Track spend vs. budget and reallocate funds when necessary to ensure approved dollars are utilized.
• Coordinate with internal teams to obtain supplemental approvals from the owner throughout the year as needed.
• Conduct biennial site visits to all properties to assess the condition of the physical plant, obtain feedback from operating teams, evaluate the competitive market and project future needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed throughout this job description are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
• 8 - 10 years of related experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Project management experience; interior design and/or facility maintenance background
• Senior living or hospitality improvement/construction experience
• Experience with development and management of project budget tracking and reporting
• Ability to manage and prioritize a high volume of communication/emails
• Ability to handle multiple projects and competing deadlines in a very fast-paced environment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to travel approximately 35% of the time
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel (moderate/advanced excel skills preferred)
• Must be extremely detail oriented and provide accurate and professional work product
• Excellent time management skills a must
• Must be self-motivated and work as part of a team
• Must be an excellent communicator (both written & oral), able to present informative executive level presentations
• Outstanding customer service skills – commitment to consistent outstanding customer service and an ability to interact with all levels in the organization with a high degree of accurate, insightful information
Sunrise maintains a safe and drug-free work environment and all offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on submitting to and successfully completing and passing a background check and drug test.
Sunrise Senior Living offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. Team members may also be eligible to receive a bonus based on their position. Some leadership roles are eligible to receive annual bonuses. All team members have the potential to receive spot bonuses and other incentive awards.
Sunrise Senior Living has championed quality of life in senior care for more than 30 years. We believe team members are our greatest resource and are looking for people who share our commitment to provide quality care for seniors and their families. It's no surprise that many of the world's leading experts in Senior Living entrust their career to Sunrise.
At Sunrise, you will…
Make a Difference Every Day
We are passionate about our mission — to champion quality of life for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
Be Part of a Uniquely Supportive Community
The care-focused environment we create for residents extends to our team members. We offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
Ignite Your Potential
We believe potential has no limits. We offer best-in-class leadership development programs designed to grow our leaders. We are committed to helping our team members achieve their career goals.
Apply today to learn why Sunrise Senior Living is a certified Great Place to Work®
Est. $29.34 - $71.43 Full-time, Part-time Mclean, VA 22102 Full-time, Part-time Mclean, VA 22102 Full-time, Part-time Arlington, VA 22201 Full-time, Part-time Fairfax, VA 22031 Est. $24.40 - $30.59 Full-time, Part-time Fairfax, VA 22030 Est. $18.19 - $22.94 Full-time, Part-time Springfield, VA 22150 Est. $12.50 - $16.37 Full-time, Part-time Oxon Hill, MD 20745 Est. $29.34 - $71.43 Full-time, Part-time Oxon Hill, MD 20745 Est. $12.50 - $15.76 Full-time, Part-time Oxon Hill, MD 20745 Est. $29.34 - $71.43 Full-time, Part-time Capitol Heights, MD 20743 Est. $29.34 - $71.43 Full-time, Part-time Capitol Heights, MD 20743