As a Chick-fil-A Kitchen Staff Member, you play a crucial role in the effectiveness of our team and the success of Chick-fil-A Flatbush & Atlantic. In selecting Chick-fil-A KSM’s, we are looking for hard-working individuals who will share our passion for serving great tasting food in a remarkably clean and safe environment. The mission of a Kitchen Staff member is to maintain a very high standard in all areas of kitchen operations and food safety to ensure every guest receives a consistent food experience of excellence with regards to food quality, presentation and speed of service. As a member of the kitchen team, training may include any of the back-of-house areas including food prep, assembly and cooking including produce, raw, cold & hot breakfast/lunch/dinner products, desserts and beverages. Cleaning & maintenance, truck and inventory, storage and waste disposal areas, as well as boxed meals, catering orders and deliveries, may also be responsibilities of a kitchen team member. All areas of the kitchen will implement LEAN and other required systems & checks for Food Safety, Food Quality, Food Cost and Productivity. All Kitchen Staff members are expected to work along with their team and the entire store with a collaborative spirit to strive for excellent performance in all areas. (Must be able to work within the hours of 4:00 pm- 1:00 am) You must be a minimum age of 18+ years for this job.
Expectations of a Kitchen Team Member:
- Work your scheduled shifts and arrive on time every shift
- Arrive for your shift in full uniform: shirt, pants, belt, non-slip shoes, nametag, pen (men must be cleanly shaved, women with long hair should have it pulled back into a ponytail/bun)
- Know the CFA corporate purpose statement, Core Values, and Vision
- Understand Operational Excellence
- Serve ‘Crave’ able Food
- Be Surprisingly Fast
- Keep a Refreshingly Clean Restaurant
- Order Accuracy – 100% every time
- Keep a “sense of urgency” and a “pep in your step” when it comes to serving our Guests
- When things slow down, know what you should be doing next – if you’re not sure, ask the shift manager
- Giving up a scheduled shift will be rare
- If you committed to a certain availability in the interview, we expect you to hold to that
- You will be trained in the “Chick-fil-A” way, strive to hold to that standard
Responsibilities of a Kitchen Staff Member:
- On arrival for your shift, check the game plan (Setup Board) for your assigned position
- Stay focused on your assigned position and relevant duties, and strive to learn that position to the best of your ability
- Always be asking the question: “What is our Guest experience right now?” What can you do to impact and improve their experience?
- Effectively assembles orders and able to correctly assemble all menu products
- Able to properly use all equipment related to the kitchen
- Follows standards for proper presentation of orders
- Ensures accuracy of orders and a sense of urgency
- Communicates effectively with the front counter hospitality team about wait times and when to park cars
- Proper food quality and monitoring (eRQA, Steritech Reports, Safe Daily Critical, and ROA)
- Upholds organizational standards to increase proficiency
- Monitoring/preventing waste by following proper tracking
- Ensures a clean and sanitize food contact surface before and after preparing food and at least every 4 hours for ongoing tasks
- Ensures a clean and inviting kitchen environment; this includes walls, floors, floorboards, ceiling, hood vents and equipment
- Always prepared for Steritech or Department of health and sanitation visits by following required food quality and safety procedures and checks
- Be efficient in at least three kitchen stations
Measuring Success of a Kitchen Staff Member:
- Complete FOH Initial New Hire Training
- Successful completion of 30,60,90, annual evaluations
- Completion of any ongoing training assignments
- Cross-functional player for all Kitchen roles: (Breader, Fries, Salads/Prep, Machines, Food Assembly line, Inventory rotation, Opening, Closing)
- Meet Order Accuracy and Speed of Service goals
Work Schedule and Secondary Responsibilities
- Hours are not guaranteed but are predictably scheduled in accordance with the NYC Fair Work Week Law. Hours are subject to change based on business needs and are assigned based on an individual’s availability, work performance, and dependability.
- Must be available to work on Saturdays
- The hours of work can be long and the work physically demanding, so employees may find the job tiring. The restaurant environment is likely to be noisy and busy, which can all be stressful. Hospitality team members are also on their feet for most of the shift, so comfortable shoes need to be worn and the job is not suitable for anyone with back problems. Stamina and physical strength are also important for the job, as employees are expected to lift and carry heavy items regularly (at least 25lbs). KSMs may be expected to start work very early or work at night. Team morale and positivity is very important and apart of the Chick-fil-A culture.
Work Directly with A Chick-fil-A Owner/Operator
- Work directly with the franchise owner and his leadership team to grow and lead the business.
Competitive Pay, Bonuses, and Scholarship Opportunities, Benefits
Along with a competitive paycheck, you will work in a nurturing environment where you will learn valuable business and people skills.
- Hourly Range: $15.50- $16.50
- Education Assistance (Scholarships & Book Reimbursement Program)
- Free Meals
- Flexible Scheduling
It's a Great Place to Work
At Chick-fil-A, our Owner/Operators consider their team members to be more than just employees, they are a highly valued part of each Chick-fil-A restaurant. Our high retention rate is proof that team members really enjoy working at Chick-fil-A.
Posting ID: 74350103Posted: 2020-07-14