Day Porter - Full-time / Part-time
30 days ago
Est. $15.50 - $16.81
Pembrooke And Surrounding Areas
Pembrooke, VA 20164
Primarily responsible for day-time attention of interior and exterior common areas assigned property (building and grounds). Primary duties are related to cleaning of areas and keeping them safe for visitors to the property.
The objective of this position is to ensure the building is maintained as a pleasing, professional business environment, with minimal disruption to building tenants and visitors.
Primary duties: conduct daily inspections of building exterior and interior; perform general janitorial duties; make minor repairs; perform general cleaning including sweeping and mopping floors and stairs, cleaning entry doors and glass, mid-day cleaning of washrooms, and other miscellaneous cleaning as needed; receive shipments at loading dock, move palletized and boxed equipment within the facility, organize storage areas, remove trash and recyclable materials.
- Responsible for keeping an above standard cleanliness of all interior common areas (lobby, corridors, restrooms, public areas, building entrances, parking lot, building perimeter/ grounds.
- Support Property Management / Property Engineering team as needed to provide safe operation of the building.
- Communicate with CleanOffice office staff and/or Operations Supervisor to keep them apprised of activity and information regarding the building’s daily operation (utilize reporting systems when available).
- During inclement weather, prepare building for safe operation (position wet floors signs and walk-off mats at entrances of the building to prevent pedestrian accidents).
- While on-duty, oversee equipment, materials and supplies that are stored on- site to support the property.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with OSHA and company standards.
- Performs emergency service calls for any necessary work-related clean up.
- Perform other duties as assigned based on property needs and requirements
- Respond to urgent situations as requested by building management.
Education, Training, Experience, and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
- Preferred High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to follow all directives assigned.
- Must pass employment verification and verification must be kept valid and up to date as applicable.
- Must pass background check.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment and cleaning supplies that are utilized to support the property.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information and SDS (safety data sheets).
- Preferred proven, documented experience as a Day Porter / Day Maid.
- Must be able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, climb, balance, taste, and smell.
- Capable of bending, stretching, throwing, reaching, lifting, standing for a long- time frame throughout the day.
- Visual requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
- The employee is required to stand and walk on even and uneven surfaces, twist, bend, crouch, climb, crawl, reach, grasp, drag, lift and carry items averaging 70 lbs. (frequently) to a maximum of 150 lbs. (occasionally). Maximum push/pull force is 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Working conditions primarily consist of interior office-building environment and exterior building grounds.
- Occasionally work in high precarious places like on top of containers and loading docks.
- Must arrive ready to work at the assigned time allocated by management.
- Working hours are to be scheduled as needed per management per agreement upon hire.
Est. $11.75 - $16.50 Full-time, Part-time Sterling, VA 20164 Urgently Hiring Est. $11.75 - $16.50 Full-time Ashburn, VA 20147 Est. $14.00 - $15.31 Full-time, Part-time Pembrooke, VA 20164
Nearby Job TitlesTruck Driver Jobs Registered Nurse Jobs Nursing Assistant Jobs Driver Jobs Retail Supervisor Jobs
Nearby LocationsDallas, TX Jobs Houston, TX Jobs Washington, DC Jobs Austin, TX Jobs Virginia Jobs
Nearby CompaniesAya Healthcare Jobs Care.com Jobs Shipt Jobs Careers In Trucks LLC Jobs TTEC Jobs
Nearby CategoriesFull-time Jobs Part-time Jobs Gig Jobs
Posting ID: 74370685 Posted: 2021-10-26 Job Title: Porter