About Peet’s Coffee
Since 1966, our Peetniks have journeyed in the pursuit of better – a better blend, a better cup of coffee, a better experience for our customers. Our goal has been to offer the best coffees in the world, without compromise. Collectively, we foster a culture based on authenticity that inspires people to unleash their unique, personal passions and expertise toward achieving our vision and mission. Our coffeebar Peetniks are passionate about our customers, our coffee and our culture. It takes talent and dedication from hundreds of Peetniks to make a single cup of Peet's coffee. Join us!
Team Member: Core Purpose
The Team Member’s core purpose is to deliver an exceptional customer experience through quality engagement, friendly, quick and genuine service and a clean and well-stocked coffeebar. Team Members contribute to Peet’s culture by being team-oriented, punctual and reliable and laser-focused on quality and our customers.
In addition to modeling Peet’s culture and values and following policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Customer Experience:
- Engage with customers by welcoming them, providing warm, friendly and genuine service, understanding their needs and thanking them for their visit.
- Brew or prepare drip coffee and teas and food items according to Peet’s strict freshness and quality standards for customers.
- Maintain a ‘customer-first’ attitude while working with a strong sense of urgency.
- Actively work to increase customer traffic and sales through sampling, product suggestions and other initiatives as directed by coffeebar leadership.
- Keep a professional overall presentation, by modelling friendly, respectful and business-appropriate communication with coworkers and customers and by maintaining a clean and well-groomed personal appearance.
- Daily Operations:
- Maintain a meticulously clean and tidy coffeebar environment through regular cleaning, stocking and organizing.
- Follow all food and safety standards.
- Accurately follow all cash handling guidelines and protect Peet’s assets.
- Key Competencies:
- Focus on Customers: Build strong relationships with customers, anticipate their needs and provide service that exceeds their expectations.
- Commit to Learning: Actively seek to grow and develop new skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. Job responsibilities can change according to the operational needs of the business.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Carry a friendly, energetic, personable demeanor and have a passion for great customer service with a customer-first mentality.
- Exhibit a strong focus on quality with an interest in learning more about coffee.
- Be extremely reliable and punctual.
- Enjoy working in a team-environment and building great relationships with their coworkers.
- Have the ability to work quickly, embrace and learn new information, multi-task and incorporate feedback into personal performance.
- Perform variousphysical tasksduring a work shift.
- Possess the interest and ability to promote into the Barista position by passing all required certifications and trainings within three months of their start date.