Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Software Engineer, DevOps (Remote-Eligible)
Do you love being part of a solution, identifying and developing preventative solutions? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
We are seeking SRE DevOps Engineers who are passionate about marrying data with emerging technologies to join our team. As a SRE DevOps Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One. The EDML Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) program is seeking a dedicated technical professional with process improvements skills
and comprehensive knowledge in DevOps to help support the Operational and Engineering Excellence components of the team.
What You'll Do:
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity.
- Build strong relationships with Enterprise teams such as Resiliency & Recovery Architecture, TOC, Delivery experience and SRE teams to support core objectives.
- Be part of a talented team responsible for creating and enhancing processes that deliver excellence to our customers.
- Partner & contribute to the critical advancements in the simplification, standardization and automation strategy for key resiliency and reliability controls. Managing division-wide improvement and remediation initiatives that require changes within EDMLs application stacks.
- Promote and track the implementation of secure, resilient, standardized and compliant application development and operational practices within the Capital One EDML division's portfolio.
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Data and Machine Learning SRE staff to promote a DevOps culture among EDML app teams in accordance with You Build You Own (YBYO) principles.
- Support responses to operational disruptions and champion long-term solutions and systems improvements to improve the stability, reliability, and resiliency of EDML applications and infrastructure. This position works closely with application teams, functional counterparts across the enterprise, and EDML Engineering leadership.
- Investigative and tracking methods that enable the Operational and Engineering Excellence arms of the program. You will leverage your skills to develop portfolio-wide identification and status monitoring capabilities across a variety of internally- and externally-developed tools.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 2 years of experience in DevOps Engineering (Internship experience does not apply)
- At least 1 years of experience with Cloud Native technologies (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- At least 1 years of Unix or Linux system administration experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- AWS certifications for Cloud Practitioner, Solutions Architect
- 1+ years of experience in a DevOps and Cloud Engineering environment
- 1+ years of experience working with application monitoring tools (e.g., Datadog, New Relic)
- 1+ years of experience working with Agile Development Practice
- 1+ years of experience with Terraform or Ansible
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).