General Manager - Full-time
Chattanooga, TN 37408
Exciting things are happening at Papa John's franchise restaurants. Work where the best ingredient is YOU! At Papa John's, people are always our top priority. Our secret ingredient is YOU! Our employees are much like our toppings. They’re all different but come together to make the ultimate pizza! Will you be the pepperoni or the banana pepper to our team!
Manages and assumes responsibility for all functions of a Papa John’s restaurant to ensure high quality products and customer service are delivered to ensure restaurant profitability. This is accomplished by being a self-sufficient leader, making quality decisions, and instilling pride and accountability in team members. Other responsibilities include the management of operations including the execution of all Company policies, procedures, programs and systems. Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and ethical business practices.
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide quality products to our customers by building a system of quality with team members, which ensures each delivered product meets Papa John’s standards and accurately reflects the customer’s order. Professionally and promptly respond to all customers’ concerns or issues. Solicit customer feedback, share feedback with team and use feedback to improve restaurant operations and build brand loyalty. Communicate, train, and promote quality standards to team members by utilizing all available tools including Operations Manual and Team Member Handbook.
- Actively recruit customer-focused team members, maintain adequate staffing levels according to projected sales, properly orient and train team members to exceed customer expectations, ensure compliance with uniform and appearance standards, establish and communicate performance expectations and conduct timely and effective performance reviews. Document performance issues and take appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including termination. Effectively coach and develop team members to ensure entire team is quality and customer focused; and build an atmosphere of teamwork, energy and fun.
- Manage sales goals against budget and prior year by providing prompt and friendly customer service; building check averages through team member training on products and sales execution. Seek additional sales through traditional and nontraditional methods by executing creative local restaurant marketing and creating a positive presence in the community.
- Manage profit goals against budget and prior year; ensure food, labor, and other controllable costs stay within budget, and correct deviations from the budget by accurately utilizing the PROFIT System. Develop and implement appropriate plans to resolve unfavorable trends and enhance profits. Execute administrative and cash management duties. Plan and manage adequate inventory levels using the restaurant’s computerized inventory system to meet sales demands and minimize loss. Manage company’s assets by ensuring the restaurant is clean, fully equipped and all equipment operates properly; ensure restaurant meets safety and security standards at all times; oversee preventative maintenance and repairs when necessary.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.Functional Skills
- Basic accounting including invoice reconciliation, debit and credit review, financial statement analysis
- Cash management skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED
- Stable employment history
- Four years’ successful restaurant management or supervision experience with salary progression and/or $1.2 million dollar store.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to use hands repetitively, stand for prolonged periods, walk, grasp firmly/strongly and simply/lightly with hands, and use fine finger dexterity. The team member is frequently required to bend over, twist, reach above shoulder level, crouch or stoop, kneel, repetitively use feet, and use head and neck in a twisting or static motion and to look up and/or down, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Occasionally, the team member is required to sit, climb, balance, push and/or pull, and lift and/or move over 51 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to work outdoors in various temperatures, in a noisy environment, near moving mechanical parts, with dangerous equipment or sharp tools, and around fumes, odors, dust, or toxic chemicals.Additional Information
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to work long hours, scheduled or unscheduled, which will include nights, weekends, and as emergencies arise
- Ability to manage with no supervision
- Work with phones, computers, fax machines and copiers
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle record, proof of insurance, and satisfactory vehicle
- Must be able to successfully pass a Criminal Background Check
- Ability to successfully perform the job duties of all positions in the restaurant, including pizza delivery
- Bilingual in certain markets
Click “Apply Now” to become a part of the Papa John’s family!
in Chattanooga, TN
Est. $11.09 - $16.10 Full-time, Part-time Chattanooga, TN 37408 Urgently Hiring
LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE-FT
Est. $29.05 - $60.95 Full-time Chattanooga, TN 37419 Urgently Hiring
Full-time, Part-time Chattanooga, TN 37419 Urgently Hiring Est. $23.03 - $31.54 Full-time, Part-time Chattanooga, TN 37406 Urgently Hiring
Operations Manager Trainee
Est. $18.66 - $54.77 Full-time, Part-time Chattanooga, TN 37410
LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE-FT
Est. $29.05 - $60.95 Full-time Chattanooga, TN 37408 Urgently Hiring
Est. $17.28 - $25.03 Full-time, Part-time CHATTANOOGA, TN 37419
Est. $17.28 - $25.03 Full-time, Part-time CHATTANOOGA, TN 37404
Store Manager in Training
Est. $17.28 - $25.03 Full-time, Part-time Chattanooga, TN 37419
Easy apply food service manager jobs
in Chattanooga, TN
Multi Unit District and Divison Managers
75,000 to 90,000 Full-time Chattanooga, TN 37421 Urgently Hiring Est. $14.19 - $28.46 Part-time Dalton, GA 30722 Urgently Hiring