Brixx Wood Fired Pizza in Hoover is now hiring Hosts/Hostesses for our growing team!
Brixx serves gourmet, brick oven pizzas made on house made dough, fresh salads, wraps and pastas accompanied by a full bar serving 24 craft beers on tap, 14 wines by the glass and cocktails. The foundation of our menu - traditional and whole wheat dough, hummus, fresh mozzarella, meatballs, wood fired chicken, salad dressings and more -- are made from scratch every morning.
Our Brixx host/hostesses supervises and coordinates the operations within thedining room of therestaurant. The Host/Hostess position is very vital but is often overlooked due to the roles played by other members of staff in the restaurant. Among the duties that the Host/Hostess is responsible for is coordinating seating, managing the wait, greeting and thanking of the Guest, answering the telephone, taking and managing To-Go and delivery orders, and bussing and cleaning tables.
- Must Have a Positive Attitude and a Desire to Work Well with Others
- Must Understand and Have a Sense of Urgency
- Satisfactorily completing all Stella Training Courses, as well as Recertification Courses.
- Making sure that all menus are well wiped, are free of stains or spots and are stocked with clean pages.
- Ensuring that entry doors and patio are clean, free from debris and welcoming.
- Checking reservation book to ensure that all reservations are accounted for.
- Checking with the manager to familiarize with any parties to be held at the restaurant.
- Keeping an eye on the dining room, bathrooms, entryway, and ensuring that cleanliness is maintained in all operations.
- Providing a warm welcome to Guests and escorting them to a table that suits their needs.
- Making sure the guests are seated, greeted by service staff and well served.
- Thanking all exiting Guest and enquiring from them about the quality of services provided at the restaurant. This also involves following through with Management to make sure all issues are addressed before Guests leave the location.
- Stocking, cleaning and general maintenance of the Host stand. This includes making sure Kids Menu set-ups are completed, and that toothpicks, To-Go and Catering are menus stocked.
- Assisting Servers and Management with bussing dirty tables and preparing them to be re-seated.
- Answering the telephone: giving information, answering caller questions, and/or connecting callers with the correct individual for service.
- Taking To-Go orders and ensuring they are delivered to the correct individual for processing.
If this description fits you, please apply today. We would love to meet you!
Posting ID: 74422624Posted: 2021-04-04Job Title: Host Hostess