Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q
- Employment:Full-time, Part-time
- Location:Alabaster, AL 35007
295 Alabaster Blvd.
Alabaster, AL 35007
WE ARE HIRING!! EARN UP TO $20 AN HOUR!!
The Line Cook position prepares food items, coordinates, organizes, and plates orders for the guest according to the plating procedures. Responsibilities include ensuring ticket time standards and order accuracy and maintaining high food quality and perfect plate presentations.
· Sets up, stocks and organizes workstation
· Cuts and prepares food items.
· Uses knives, measuring ladles, scoops, scales, can opener, or other kitchen equipment, tools or utensils.
· Maintains proper food storage temperatures and rotation using FIFO Method.
· Sets levels for production of food items.
· Organizes items for preparation and ensures accuracy of items ordered.
· Ensures proper plate presentation and garnish.
· Ensures cleanliness of work area and equipment throughout shift.
· Follows health department standards for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of work area.
· Follows safety procedures and standards when operating all equipment.
· Ability to handle multiple priorities, work under stress and exercise good judgment.
· Cooperates with co-workers and managers to meet the demands of the kitchen.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
· Experience with general kitchen techniques and equipment is required.
· A high school diploma is desired, but not required.
Physical Requirements (Reasonable Accommodations may be requested):
Performs duties that require bending, lifting, reaching and turning. Transports items and containers (weighing up to 50 lbs.) to and from stock and kitchen locations. Is able to stand up to 8 hours or longer if needed.
Additional requirements include:
· Standing and Walking 100% of the time.
· Lifting up to 50 pounds to waist high.
· Lifting up to 30 pounds to shoulder high.
· Carrying up to 50 pounds for short distances.
· Constant exposure to heat.
· Bending and reaching from under the counter (5 inches above the ground) to 6 feet above the ground with at least one arm.
· Climbing ladder and step stool.
· Dexterity required for handling food items and dishes.
The essential functions and requirements listed in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the restaurant.