Summary of Responsibilities
Provide friendly, prompt, individualized service that creates a dining experience so positive that all guests will want to return.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet all arriving guests warmly and promptly.
- Accommodate special seating requests for guests whenever possible.
- Seat guest guests based on guest preferences and balancing of customer flow in service stations.
- When immediate seating is limited, record guest names and number of people in party. Provide guests with estimated waiting time. Call out name and number of party when tables become available.
- Upon seating, offer guests a menu. Inspect table for proper presentation and completeness.
- Relay messages to servers as needed.
- Maintain clean entrance, lobby, dining room, and restrooms.
- Assist servers in maintaining and stocking service stations.
- Clean and reset tables promptly. Clean chairs, booths, and surrounding carpet.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests requesting take out service, enter orders in our point-of-sale system.
- Process payments correctly and efficiently. Close checks.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as assigned.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Possess verbal and language skills to understand and communicate with guests.
- Possess basic math skills, operate a point-of-sale system, and have the ability to handle money.
- Able to bend, stoop and work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Able to safely lift and easily maneuver plates of food, as well as supplies weighing up to 10 pounds.
- For bussing, able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
Posting ID: 74434443Posted: 2020-01-14