Exciting things are happening at Papa John's franchise restaurants. Work where the best ingredient is YOU! Great things are happening at Papa John's, where people are always our top priority! Our secret ingredient is YOU! Our employees are much like our toppings. They’re all different but come together to make the ultimate pizza! Will you be the pepperoni or the banana pepper to our team? Better Ingredients. Better People. ®
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform assigned workstation duties including making quality products and taking orders.
- Provide a high level of customer service through positive and professional interaction with customers by phone or in person and acting with a sense of urgency in everything they do.
- Accurately use the POS System, process cash, check and/or credit card transactions. Support sales efforts by suggestively selling to increase the check average when taking an order.
- Work as a team and assist each other team members by being on time for their shift; supporting other workstations during their shift, including cleaning, for example sweeping, mopping, wiping counters.
- Maintain organized, safe, and clean work areas; comply with safety and security standards and procedures at all times.
- Comply with uniform and appearance standards.
- Complete all training modules that relate to this position.
- Comply with Team Member Handbook, and with federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
- Prepare ingredients,
- Complete all closing duties, for example stocking of inventory,
- Train new team members in all applicable training modules.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed above satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Physical Demands While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to use hands repetitively, stand for prolonged periods, walk, grasp firmly/strongly and simply/lightly with hands, and use fine finger dexterity. The team member is frequently required to bend over, twist, reach above shoulder level, crouch or stoop, kneel, repetitively use feet, and use head and neck in a twisting or static motion and to look up and/or down, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Occasionally, the team member is required to sit, climb, balance, push and/or pull, and lift and/or move over 51 pounds.
Work Environment The duties of this job require working in various temperatures, in a noisy environment, near moving mechanical parts, with dangerous equipment or sharp tools, and around fumes, odors, dust, or toxic chemicals.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to perform the following duties at Papa John’s: pizza loading, oven-tending, pizza cutting, dough docking, dishwashing and pizza delivery.
- If this team member will work more than 30 hours per week, must be able to work long hours, scheduled or unscheduled, which may include days, nights, weekends, and as emergencies arise.
- If cross-trained as a delivery driver, must have a driver’s license, valid under the laws of the state(s) where the team member works, for at least six months, acceptable motor vehicle record, proof of insurance, satisfactory vehicle, and be able to safely and legally operate a motor vehicle, be able to drive any time of day in any weather conditions or terrain, and possess navigational skills.
- May be required to work long hours, days, nights, or weekends, scheduled or unscheduled.
- Criminal background check may be required.
- Must be team-oriented and willing to work with team to accomplish team objectives.
- Must be customer-focused with excellent customer-service skills.
- Must be able to independently handle any customer concern with little or no supervision.
- May be required to work split shifts.
- Must possess ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately and quickly (may use calculator.) Must be able to make correct monetary change.
- Must be able to work with phones, computers, fax machines and copiers.
- Must be able to verbally communicate effectively and clearly, actively listen, and respond effectively to questions.
- Must deals well with frequent task changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Must possess ability to comprehend written instructions.
- Bilingual in certain markets.
- Must be able to comply with uniform and appearance standards.
Whether you’re a teen looking for your first job, or you have experience, we want you to click “Apply Now” to become a part of the Papa John’s family!