LKQ is looking for a Warehouse Lead to join the team! Essential Job Duties:
- Assist with scheduling and oversees daily assignments to ensure quality control and maximum productivity of team members assigned.
- Leads and assists in the storage and handling of production material that has been received or needs to be shipped.
- Coordinates and oversees the daily cycle counts of production materials.
- Enforce and coach safe working practices.
- Observe workers ensure compliance of safety standards and regulations to assure a safe and hazard-free workplace.
- Train others.
- Analyze or resolve work problems or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet deadlines.
- Supervise all warehouse activities, i.e., truck loading/unloading, moving bin locations, bin maintenance, and restocking.
- Perform warehouse activities to include parts pulling, staging, and loading/stocking of trucks.
- Verify in-stock position on product for sales staff as well as assist in monitoring inventory levels.
- Responsibilities can include those duties aligned with shipping and/or receiving.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the completion of daily team warehouse assignments. This position will provide support/assistance to supervisors, coach team members and act as a liaison between supervisors and staff for efficient delivery of information.
- Lead the work of others who perform essentially the same work. May set priorities, schedule and review work, but have no responsibility to hire, terminate, review performance and/or make pay decisions.
- Manage all warehouse personnel in the absence of the Warehouse manager and General manager.
High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent desired.
1+ year of warehouse related experience, supplemented by on-the-job training, to learn duties, nature of work performed, procedures, and work methods, to become familiar with the company's products, locations, machines and equipment, operating methods, and to attain proficiency requirements and to fully assume responsibilities of the job. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
: General knowledge and ability to perform relatively simple work using basic arithmetic.
Must be able to recognize bin numbered locations.
Must be familiar with the company's products and warehouse methods, techniques, and procedures. Must be able to work in cooperation with others.
Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work assignments.
Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
Must have the flexibility to work variable schedules, including weekends.
Should possess special skills in the operation of a forklift in negotiating the lift in close quarters.
Ability to lead others. Physical Demand/Work Environment:
This position requires individuals to constantly be on their feet except when operating machinery.
Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid of heights.
They must be able to stand for long periods, sit, walk, push, pull, bend, climb and be able to move/lift up to 75 pounds regularly.
They must be able to climb ladders, stairs and withstand heights of more than 15 feet.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
Should be able to tolerate high and low-temperature levels.
The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat.
The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud. Preferred Qualifications:
- Forklift certification
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with Generous Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts