POOLCORP is the leading business-to-business wholesale distributor of swimming pool and landscape supplies, equipment, and related outdoor living products. Through our subsidiaries, SCP Distributors LLC, Superior Pool Products LLC, and Horizon Distributors Inc., we operate in more than 390 Sales Centers worldwide, with nearly 5,000 employees proudly serving the needs of customers. Each Sales Center operates as its own business; driving an extraordinary culture that involves a high work ethic, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a community presence all within a family-oriented work atmosphere. Why POOLCORP?
Because it's a place where you can grow! At POOLCORP you'll find plenty of excellent career advancement and training opportunities to support your career growth. Our safe and stable work environment is further enhanced by our generous compensation and benefits package. And, the job prospects are endless as we offer a wide range of full time, part time and seasonal positions.
At POOLCORP, we strive to employ only the very best. So, end your job search here – at POOLCORP – Where Outdoor Living Comes to Life! Associate Business Development Representative
The Associate Business Development Representative provides excellent customer service over the phone, on the sales floor and while conducting sales calls in the field. Maintains business relationships with current customers and develops new business by providing excellent customer service. Responsibilities:
- Conducts inside and outside sales. Establishes relationships with customers by assisting them at the counter or over the phone.
- Provides customer service to approximately 25 customers, understanding their business needs.
- Secures orders from existing and potential customers by means of visiting the customer facility or contacting by phone.
- Determines customer requirements in order to recommend specific products and solutions.
- Reviews Pool Digest for product use by each customer's account. Utilizes CMS.
- Communicates pricing, product updates, deliveries and returns with appropriate departments (operations, credit, purchasing, etc.).
- Follows up with customers by notifying them of price increases, industry news and sales leads and handles complaints or situations that may arise involving pricing, deliver/shipping errors, returns and resolves these issues in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Researches and studies the market to stay aware of competitive situations. Gathers competitive information and other market information regularly while interacting cooperatively with the other members of the distribution team.
- Assists operations and purchasing departments with inventory control by timely communicating new business needs or reduced or lost business.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Travels within sales territory 25% of the time.
- Other duties as assigned.
POOLCORP is a drug-free company and an EOE, M/F/V/D.
- High school diploma.
- Two years inside/outside sales experience in a wholesale distribution environment preferred.
- Experience monitoring marketplace to identify business opportunities.
- Demonstrated success meeting sales goals and growing sales.
- Technical expertise and knowledge of company products.
- Ability to deliver superior customer service, demonstrating a desire to understand customers' needs and is pleasant, courteous and professional.
- Takes initiative and goes beyond routine demands of the job.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Team player who works productively with wide range of people.
- Ability to manage time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills; self-motivated, self-starter, negotiator.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn Prelude system.
- Ability to perform business math.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.