Similar available jobs
in Kearney, NE
est. per hourParker Hannifin Corporation Parker Aerospace Group • 3d ago
Facility EHS Sr Specialist
Kearney, NE 68847
Facility EHS Sr Specialist
Location : KEARNEY, NE, United States
Job Family : Manufacturing and Production
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Feb 14, 2023
Job ID : 30369
Back to Search Results
Apply Now >Save Job Job Saved
Lead, manage and coordinate all aspects of facility goals and objectives in Environment, Health and Safety (EHS).
Will report to the Division EHS Manager and work with their staff on a regular basis. In matters of
EHS, will be directly responsible for successful implementation of EHS programs and procedures.
Develop and implement programs and procedures to meet facility objectives and targets in EHS. Key focus points include:
o Accident Prevention
o EHS Regulatory Compliance
o Energy management and use reduction
o Waste Minimization
o Management Systems (as required)
- Coordinate all EHS training.
- Support and manage corrective actions from Corporate EHS audits.
- Onsite contact for Corporate EHS Department, and under Corporate direction, manage EPA actions such as, but not limited to, NOV's, cleanups and complaints.
- Onsite contacts for Corporate EHS Department and under their direction manage OSHA actions such as, but not limited to, inspections, letters of noncompliance, informal conferences.
- Direct all applicable EHS reporting requirements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain necessary EHS records.
- Insure compliance with Corporate EHS Policy and Directives.
- Chair ISO 14000 and 18000 Committees (if applicable).
- Support customer EHS requirements (i.e. IMDS).
- Develop, measure and track internal EHS metrics, plans and goals.
- Report directly to Division Management and at Staff Meetings on EHS matters.
- Insure the training of new facility EHS Coordinators.
- Attend biannual EHS Conference or annual Country council meetings.
- Direct the division's waste management (recycling) program.
- Support and Integrate EHS into Lean, HR, and Supply Chain efforts.
- BS Degree in a technical field, preferably EHS (extensive experience with certificate programs, seminars and CEU's or associates degree possibly acceptable).
- A strong working knowledge of EHS regulations.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a must.
- Experience in Ergonomics and Behavior Based Safety a plus.
- 5+ years of applicable experience.
- Can work independently.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Creative ability in insuring safety of employees, the environment while meeting the needs of production.
- Ability to plan and implement EHS programs.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with management as well as associates from the floor.
- Must be able to travel and work out of the office.
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
("Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor")
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Save Job Job Saved