est. per hourCompass Group, PLC • 1h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourCost Plus World Market • 1h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourTotal Wine & More • 1h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
- $60000 - $65000
Verified per yearHudson Group • 1h ago Urgently hiringUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourGNC • 7h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourOrangetheory • 1h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
- $18.68 - $28.02
Verified per hourCareerBuilder • 1h ago Excellent payUse left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourCVS Health • 1h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
est. per hourAutoNation, Inc. • 1h ago Use left and right arrow keys to navigate
| One Amphitheatre Pkwy
Mountain View, California
About this job
Live Nation’s US Concerts Division is where tours are born, artists come to life, and fans get to experience the rush of live music. From our dozens of owned/operated Amphitheaters to our Global Touring team, from Ticketing and Venue Operations to Marketing and Sales... we foster a fun and upbeat work culture with no shortage of opportunities. With perks ranging from free concert tickets to dog-friendly offices, to progressive benefits like student loan reimbursement and adoption/fertility support... it’s no wonder we are certified as a Great Place to Work organization and one of People Magazine’s “50 Companies that Care”. We want everyone to feel like they belong and can thrive in our community, so we strive to help you achieve your career and personal goals. Live music is our passion and where we find our common ground. There has never been a better time to join Live Nation.
THE GIG US Concerts is seeking a Venue Sustainability Coordinator. Shoreline Amphitheatre is seeking a Venue Sustainability Coordinator to help us take our sustainability programs to the next level. This role will provide administrative and executional support to drive effective and successful implementation of venue sustainability programs. This position will operate under the guidance of Live Nation’s national Sustainability Team but will report directly to the Venue Operations Manager and be part of the venue operations team. This is a seasonal, part-time position from late May 2022 to October 2022 working an average of 30 hours per week. Hours per week will vary depending on show schedule and business needs at the time.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Training & Engagement: Participate in pre-season orientation with Live Nation’s national Sustainability Team Participate and help lead pre-season venue training sessions relevant to sustainability . Work with venue leaders to relay pertinent day of show information during pre-shift meetings. Work with departments such as concessions, backstage/production, and cleaning/maintenance to incorporate sustainability into their operations. Collaborate with the Marketing Lead to regularly share venue sustainability updates on all social channels. Work with the Experience Manager to identify and reward Band Members for going above the norm in their contributions to venue zero waste goals. Continuously seek out opportunities that help build enthusiasm and participation for venue sustainability efforts. Provide regular updates to entire venue staff to share progress, recognize employees, and identify areas of improvement
- Zero Waste Planning & Execution: Oversee and assist the post-show sorting process of all recycling, composting, and landfill materials which will take place in an outdoor covered area. Work with venue leaders to design a comprehensive zero waste plan for your venue and assist specific departments with their diversion efforts. Be present on show days to manage and ensure compliance and quality control of zero waste plan. Use event day checklist to assess readiness for show and adjust as necessary. Identify key opportunities to improve diversion efforts throughout the season.
- Reporting and Data Collection: Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and Box programs to track and report on key program metrics. Use metrics to create engaging venue reports that can be shared venue-wide. Complete the Venue Audit assessment. Participate in weekly progress calls with National Sustainability Team.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Position on show days requires about 90% of the time spent walking, bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and carrying 50 lbs+ with about 50% of that time spent helping/overseeing the sort of materials
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year in a leadership position in one of the following: operations/event coordination, Guest Services and communications, event or campus sustainability/zero waste events
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skillsAcute sense of judgment, tact and diplomacy
- A strong sense of teamwork and ability to execute programs
- Time management and the ability to excel in an unstructured environment. If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply today! Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
HIRING PRACTICES -The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.