Guest Service Agent - Hiring Immediately
2 days ago
Clearwater, FL 33762
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions with guests and clients according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T. standards.
- Register guests, issue room keys, and provide information on hotel services and room location. Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures including but not limited to posting all charges, completing cashier and other reports, preparing deposit, and counting/ securing assigned bank.
- Responsible to maintain the security of cash, credit card transactions, and guest information.
- May routinely book guest reservations for individuals and/or groups that are requested either by phone or from within the hotel; process cancellations, revisions, and information updates on changes. Up-sell rooms where possible to maximize revenue.
- Follow the overall seasonal demand reservation strategy as communicated by the hotel management team with regard to room type and length of stay pricing.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management.
- Service the shoppe and the pour by ensuring guests receive the service and products offered by the hotel. Follow all local laws with regard to alcoholic beverage sales.
- Ensure guest special requests are fulfilled and proper delivery of guest services is delivered.
- Issue, control and release guest safe-deposit boxes.
- Comply with federal, state and local laws regarding health, safety, and alcohol services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of previous hotel experience, or retail customer service preferred.
- Previous background from the extended stay industry preferred.
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English; other languages beneficial.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances preferred.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Opera systems preferred.
- Will be required to obtain a ServSafe certification.
- May be required to obtain a TIPS certification.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving about the facility.
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently handling objects and equipment.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and holidays.
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account with Company Match, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match, Paid Vacation and Sick Days, Sonesta Hotel Discounts, Educational Assistance, Paid Parental Leave, Company Paid Life Insurance, Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance and Various Employee Perks and Discounts.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Est. $11.00 - $14.75 Full-time Clearwater, FL 33762 Urgently Hiring Est. $17.57 - $34.29 Full-time Clearwater, FL 33762 Urgently Hiring Est. $11.00 - $14.75 Full-time Clearwater, FL 33762 Est. $14.05 - $22.95 Full-time, Part-time Largo, FL 33773 Est. $18.17 - $22.78 Full-time, Part-time Lakeland, FL 33809
Nearby Job TitlesRegistered Nurse Jobs Truck Driver Jobs Retail Supervisor Jobs Retail Salesperson Jobs Customer Service Representative Jobs
Nearby LocationsTampa, FL Jobs Saint petersburg, FL Jobs Clearwater, FL Jobs Largo, FL Jobs Florida Jobs
Nearby CompaniesCitigroup Inc. Jobs NaphCare Jobs Careers In Trucks LLC Jobs Care.com Jobs Lyft Jobs
Nearby CategoriesFull-time Jobs Part-time Jobs Seasonal Jobs
Posting ID: 750439387 Posted: 2022-10-01 Job Title: Guest Service Agent