210 W Hwy 20
Michigan City, IN 46361
Employer = Great Lake Sonics, LLC
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: WORKING PARTNER/GENERAL MANAGER
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION: Manages and assumes responsibility for operations, training and development of all employees within a Sonic Drive-In in the absence of senior management. Leads the drive-in employees in order to provide quality food in a clean, safe and efficient manner so that guests will have an enjoyable experience at the Sonic Drive-In.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Manages, trains and coaches crew members, carhops, skating carhops, assistant managers and conducts orientation.
- Directs and assigns drive-in employees to perform all duties in the Basic Stations (Fountain & Frozen, Dresser, Front Swamp, Back Swamp, Grill, Switchboard, Expeditor, Food Prep, Carhop, Skating Carhop and if applicable Drive-Thru) as needed and depending on store volume, during a shift to ensure the preparation (portion control), temperature, packaging, appearance, presentation, taste and service of all menu items meet operational standards.
- Adheres to and monitors employee compliance of the drive-in employee handbook, policies, and practices. Takes appropriate action to address employee issues and policy violations and immediately reports all employee issues, complaints and policy violations to his/her immediate supervisor.
- Performs opening and/or closing duties to standard.
- Monitors and makes appropriate adjustments to staffing levels during assigned shift.
- Prepares employee work schedules in a timely manner to ensure continuous ability to properly serve guests in accordance with Sonic Drive-In policy and applicable law..
- Monitors and maintains inventory levels to ensure product availability and portion control. Places orders for food, paper and other supplies within cost control procedures.
- Completes and maintains all drive-in employment-related records and payroll records.
- Reinforces the importance of placing guests’ needs first to drive-in employees on a consistent basis.
- Immediately resolves guest requests in a respectful manner. Reports guest complaints to immediate supervisor and assists in resolving such complaints.
- In conjunction with the Working Partner/General Manager, interviews and hires crew and management team members to achieve proper staffing levels.
- Assists Working Partner/General Manager in preparing all necessary operational reports. Develops appropriate action plans to resolve unfavorable financial and/or sales trends.
- Works with the Working Partner/General Manager to develop and implement a marketing plan.
- DOES NOT HAVE ULTIMATE RESPONSIBILITY FOR; Final disciplinary actions, terminations, Profit Loss Statements and cost associated.
- If necessary, performs all duties in the Basic Stations (Fountain & Frozen, Dresser, Front Swamp, Back Swamp, Grill, Switchboard, Expeditor, Food Prep, and if applicable Drive-Thru) depending on store volume and business need to ensure the preparation (portion control), temperature, packaging, appearance, presentation, taste and service of all menu items meet operational standards.
- Complies with all federal, state and local wage and hour laws and labor and employment laws.
- Wears required uniform and appropriate personal protective equipment as outlined in the Sonic Drive-In operations manual.
- Performs frequent washing and sanitizing of: food areas, food preparation tools, and hands
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Advanced studies in business, restaurant management, or related fields are preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of restaurant management experience (QSR preferred), experience running shifts without supervision
- Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing and selection practices
- Knowledge of federal, state and local health and sanitation laws and regulations
- Leadership and supervisory practices and skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Basic accounting skills
- Time management skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving, decision-making and conflict-resolution skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work at least 50+ hours per workweek
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to use restaurant planning tools
- Works with autonomyx
- Complies with all Sonic Drive-In Policies and Procedures, and all health and sanitation laws and regulations
- Successfully completes and follows requirements of all STAR certification and other Sonic Drive-in training programs
- Continuous standing, bending, stooping, lifting, stretching and frequent over-head lifting will be required when staging, preparing or packaging menu items and/or cleaning
ENVIRONMENT: Frequent exposure to heat and hot liquid shortening while cooking. Frequent exposure to freezer when stocking food items. Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures based on variable weather conditions.
SONIC MISSION STATEMENT: To become America’s most-loved restaurant brand.
SONIC CORE VALUES
At Sonic, we value:
- Respect for everyone touched by the Sonic brand.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the power of the individual.
- Importance of relationships as a way of life.
- Doing different, special and better things to surprise and delight everyone touched by the Sonic brand.
“You are applying for work for a franchisee (Great Lake Sonics, LLC) of Sonic, not Sonic Corporate, or any of its affiliates. If hired, the franchisee will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business owners who set their own wage and benefit programs that can vary among franchisees.”
Est. $19.74 - $28.33 Full-time, Part-time Michigan City, IN 46360 Est. $7.72 - $8.76 Full-time, Part-time Michigan City, IN 46360 Full-time, Part-time MICHIGAN CITY, IN 46360 Est. $10.71 - $19.14 Full-time, Part-time Michigan City, IN 46360 Est. $7.91 - $8.64 Full-time, Part-time Michigan City, IN 46360 Full-time, Part-time MICHIGAN CITY, IN 46360 Est. $19.74 - $28.33 Full-time Michigan City, IN 46360 Full-time, Part-time MICHIGAN CITY, IN 46360 Full-time, Part-time MICHIGAN CITY, IN 46360 $12.00 to $15.00 hourly Full-time, Part-time Valparaiso, IN 46383 Urgently Hiring Est. $23.09 - $32.02 Full-time Evanston, IL 60201 Urgently Hiring $14.00 to $18.00 hourly Full-time, Part-time South Bend, IN 46637 Urgently Hiring Est. $17.58 - $28.97 Full-time Chicago, IL 60618 Urgently Hiring Est. $10.96 - $16.57 Full-time, Part-time La porte, IN 46350 Urgently Hiring Est. $13.17 - $18.74 Full-time, Part-time Tinley park, IL 60477 Urgently Hiring Est. $13.17 - $18.74 Full-time, Part-time Homewood, IL 60430 Urgently Hiring Est. $13.17 - $18.74 Full-time, Part-time Dolton, IL 60419 Urgently Hiring Est. $13.17 - $18.74 Full-time, Part-time Chicago, IL 60614 Urgently Hiring