Job Description MAJOR FUNCTION
To assist the Display Coordinator, or store management, with set up and display of furniture and to maintain the store's appearance.Process customer sales, process payment transactions, answer phones, and schedule deliveries. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Helps Display Coordinator with floor moves and processing of new accessories.
- Assists Display Coordinator by aiming lighting on furniture and/or accessories.
- Must be able to move and help arrange heavy merchandise on the showroom floor.
- Responsible for placement of POP material including hanging banners and placing signs.
- Assists customers in carrying heavy merchandise to their vehicles.
- Keeps merchandise on the floor in functional condition, including by ordering parts and repairing when necessary.
- May be required to provide housekeeping support as needed.
- Maintains stockroom in an orderly fashion, including sweeping and mopping.
- Keeps exits lit and free of obstruction.
- Assists in maintenance of the grounds.
- Must be capable and available to provide work as a delivery assistant and complete deliveries as needed.
May also perform Office duties:
- Balances cash fund every morning and evening
- Completed opening/closing procedure checklists daily
- Prepares reconciles bank deposits
- Processes customers' sales and payments accurately
- Maintains an organized and secure office environment
- Answers incoming calls, distributes calls/messages, manages stores voicemail
- Handles customer complaints, initiates and follows up on existing customer service tickets
- Reviews Outstanding Customer Transactions
- Verifies scheduled deliveries are in the appropriate status to be routed
- Schedules deliveries
- Ensures POs are present for out of stock product
- Contacts customers when products have arrived locally for pickup
- Files and/or prepares daily paperwork
Job Requirements Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years' experience actively working with the publicin a customer service position, preferably in retail.
- One to three years of monetary or cash handling experience highly preferred, i.e., Banking, Customer Service, Data Entry, Office Administration, Medical Records, etc.
- Training and/or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- General computer skills required with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and O365preferred
- Strong math skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Highly organized
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
- Must be able to work independently while using discretion
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 150 pounds and must be capable to provide delivery assistance and fill in as a delivery assistant as needed.New hires are required to pass a physical assessment to ensure they can perform the essential functions of this job.Work Environment
Employees must wear their uniform and maintain personal appearance by following Havertys' dress code requirements. They must also wear steel-toe boots that extend above the ankle while on the truck. Lace-up style boots are recommended and employees will be reimbursed for up to half of their purchase not to exceed $75.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties upon the request of his superior.
Havertys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Havertys does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Nearest Major Market:
Washington DC Job Segment:
Medical Office Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Data Entry, Retail Sales, Administrative, Customer Service, Retail