Engineering Manager - Embedded and Specialized Computing Dept. - Now Hiring
Chantilly, VA 20151
Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring Est. $30.33 - $52.13 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring Est. $34.78 - $55.62 Full-time, Part-time Reston, VA 20196 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time Chantilly, VA 20151 Est. $30.33 - $52.13 Full-time, Part-time Chantilly, VA 20151 Est. $30.33 - $52.13 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring Est. $59.52 - $85.32 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring
The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
The Embedded and Specialized Computing Department is seeking an Engineering Manager interested in leading small teams and strategy for building innovative software and hardware prototypes with a focus on rapid electronics prototyping, accelerated & resilient computing, and spacecraft security.
The Engineering Manager will lead efforts for one of these topic areas. These prototypes and the associated lessons learned are crucial for government mission success. Example projects include design of custom single-board processing payloads, cryptographic integration for small satellites, optimization of artificial intelligence toolchains for embedded use cases, and evaluation of state-of-the-art architectures for customer missions. Members of this group provide design and implementation support to a wide range of customers including the Space Force's Space Systems Command (SSC), the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), and other civil customers (e.g. NASA).
The ideal candidate would have previous management experience but this is also an opportunity for technical contributors to explore leadership at Aerospace - all are encouraged to apply.Work Model
This position is a hybrid role and can sit partially remotely, with some onsite work required in El Segundo, CA or Chantilly, VA.
Aerospace is conducting our interviews via phone and videoconference. We are especially flexible with start dates & relocation.
What You'll Be Doing
- This is a dual engineering and management role: Lead project teams and contribute to technical design/ research efforts while ensuring personnel success.
- Recruit, mentor, and lead hardware and software developers to create novel prototypes for embedded computing applications.
- Collaborate with outside organizations to provide technical support and outreach of ESCD technical capabilities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with program offices to advertise and sustain technical activities.
- Lead research & directly contribute to department's prototyping efforts.
- Work with Department Director to develop and execute the section's technical strategy and guide the department's research and development portfolio.
- Collaborate with other departments in the subdivision to develop new technical demonstrations and capabilities.
What You Need to be SuccessfulMinimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in electrical engineering, computer science, or another related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience directly related to rapid prototyping, software development, embedded systems, or similar fields.
- Expertise in one topic area including rapid prototyping, accelerated embedded computing, or spacecraft security.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with internal and external customers regarding project status, technical accomplishments, and proposals.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal and working relationships with corporate staff, peers, management, customers, and contractors.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills for interactions at all organizational levels.
- Willing to travel domestically up to 10%.
- Eligible to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a clearance.
How You Can Stand Out
ESCD supports a variety of projects & research areas and candidates do NOT have to meet all of the following, but will stand out if they meet a few of the following:
- Advanced degree from an accredited university in electrical engineering, computer science, cyber security, or another related discipline.
- Deep understanding in several of the following technical disciplines: embedded systems, PCB development, ASIC/FPGA design, software development, reverse engineering, or embedded security
- Previous management or leadership experience with highly technical staff.
- Experience leading or managing remote teams.
- Previous experience with defense systems, especially satellite systems.
- Experience with cybersecurity defense in depth / zero trust implementations.
- Experience with artificial intelligence / machine learning, especially for edge computing.
- Active Secret or Top Secret Clearance.
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also review Know Your Rights, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Full-time Washington, DC 20402 Urgently Hiring $140,000.00 to $170,000.00 hourly Full-time Washington, DC 20544 Est. $30.33 - $52.13 Full-time, Part-time Purcellville, VA 20132 Full-time, Part-time Stafford, VA 22554 Full-time, Part-time Stafford, VA 22554 Full-time, Part-time Stafford, VA 22554 Full-time, Part-time Stafford, VA 22554 Full-time, Part-time Baltimore, MD 21231 Full-time, Part-time Baltimore, MD 21231