Assembly Operator (Factory Hourly)
The assembly operator works as part of an assembly team performing multiple assembly duties for the construction of windows and doors. The operator’s assigned team and tasks will vary based on business necessity.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Learn and perform repetitive job tasks. Potentially rotate to a new task three times per shift with varying physical requirements for each task. Operator will be cross-trained in different areas.
- Operate equipment/tools that require close control, adjustment, following production orders.
- Regular, dependable attendance.
- Comply with safety, quality, and production standards requirements.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Manufacturing-related experience is preferred
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Use of hand tools and machinery is required. Perform all Productive Maintenance requirements per an established schedule and maintain good housekeeping.
- Learn and implement Lock Out/Tag Out and safety procedures to assure the safe operation of the equipment.
- Responsible for accuracy and quality. Inspection for quality will be part of the operator’s duties. Requires strong communication skills and the cognitive ability to learn the quality standards.
- Work in a team environment with the ability to communicate both written and orally in a concise, polite, and respectful manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. at waist level on an occasional basis and up to 20 lbs. at shoulder level on an occasional basis when handling products.
- Push or pull with up to 60 lbs. of force on an occasional basis when moving products.
- Generate up to 60 lbs. of grip strength on an occasional basis with each hand while handling products.
- Generate up to 15 lbs. of pinch strength on an occasional basis with each hand while handling products.
- Display average coordination with each hand on a continuous basis while performing job tasks.
- Perform elevated work on an occasional basis when handling products.
- Stoop, kneel or squat on an occasional basis when handling products.
- Reach forward and to the side on a frequent basis when handling products.
- Stand and walk on a continuous basis during the course of each shift.
- This job requires the use of close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth vision.
- Able to perform repetitive tasks up to 10 hours per day.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Production Worker, Location: Murray, KY - 42071