Similar available jobs
in Saddle Brook, NJ
Quality Control Technician
Full-time Paterson, NJ 07503
Quality Control Lab Technician - Full-time / Part-time
Saddle Brook, NJ 07663
The QC Lab Technician is responsible for preparing raw material and bulk material samples, conducting lab testing, tracking stability and preparing final reports. This individual will also perform general lab functions and assist other QC projects.
This position reports to the Director of Quality
- Initiate studies for raw materials and bulk material
- Gather product related information if necessary
- Prepare samples and perform testing according to the established protocols.
- Pull samples at the required test intervals.
- Conduct physical and organoleptic testing of samples.
- Compile samples for outside laboratory testing and collect results at appropriate intervals
- Recognize OOS/OOT results/data trends and communicate to R&D and Regulatory Specialist.
- Prepare reports and maintain workbooks as required
- Coordinate maintenance and calibration of chambers/ refrigerators
Education and Experience: Associate of Science degree with 1-2 years of physical and organoleptic testing of personal care products is required. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Must possess good communication (written & verbal), excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform “lab math”.
- Working knowledge computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlooks.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under stress and work with multiple projects at once.
- Must have the ability to learn basic laboratory techniques and apply them in a work environment.
Lab and office setting
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk to and from operational areas, laboratory, and main office. The employee is required to withstand long periods of standing and sitting. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds of products and packaging, as part of the responsibilities of the job. The employee must have good vision and hearing for verbal communication.