The Providencia Group is led by a purpose: to address global challenges and make an impact that matters through delivering transformative solutions. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people, and our communities. We combine purpose, innovation, and experience to deliver impactful results.
About The Team
We are problem solvers working with leading agencies and organizations to help them address many of today’s most complex challenges. Our world-class team of technologists, program managers, and subject matter experts is uniquely qualified to address ever-evolving, large-scale challenges. In an imperfect world, The Providencia Group puts capability and purpose into action.
What you’ll be part of – TPG Culture
At TPG, we expect incredible tangible results. TPG professionals play a unique role in delivering these results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We provide a roadmap for focusing on people, our work, and continuous improvement. We see people as people, take care of each other, commit to the mission, move quickly and bravely, get better every day, and seek truth. We are the backbone of TPG.
About the Role – Who You’ll Work With
The TPG Personnel Security Specialist will work with The Providencia Recruitment and Operations team to manage the security processes, competing priorities and workload in accordance with program needs and ensures the timely completion of tasks, quality measures, and mission requirements.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinates the security package process with candidates, hiring managers, and customers; ensures packages are current and updates managers and customers on any changes;
- Screens and coordinates all requests for personnel security clearances/background investigations with Operations Supervisor to ensure legitimate government/industry needs are being met, and assists eligible candidates with clearance processing
- Collects, organizes, and tracks security forms and information
- Review personnel security forms, such as SF-85, SF-85PS and SF86, for inconsistencies or omissions
- Reviews credit check reports and communicates with the candidates regarding any additional information that is required
- Communicates on a continuous basis with Recruitment staff regarding security packages and applicant tracking system updates, issues, and reports
- Accurately interpret government guidelines/requirements, organizational policy and conveyed it to team members
- Manage all aspects of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) and other security activities which includes document/visitor control, personnel security and the security aspects of classified contracting
- Supported Requests for Proposal and other business development efforts with security expertise and writing contributions to submitted opportunities
- Build and managed productive relationships with security departments within Intelligence Community (IC) agencies
- Perform other duties as assigned
Signs of Success or The Impact of Your Results
Successful and timely processing of government background investigations.
What we’re looking for
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Teams) required
- Knowledge of e-QIP, NISPOM requirements, various clearance types
- Ability to work independently in the field and exercise a high level of confidentiality
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills with the ability to work in a team-based environment with minimum oversight and exceptional attention to detail
- Proven track record of working under pressure, in a fast-paced environment and be able to communicate effectively with employees at all levels
- United States Citizenship is required; must have lived within the US for three (3) consecutive years in the last five (5) years
- Bachelor’s degree in any related field AND 2 to 4 year experience as an AFSO (Assistant Facility Security Officer)
- Knowledge of using/applying US Government online programs such as the Defense Information System for Security (DISS), Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP), and National Industrial Security System (NISS)
- Strong knowledge of security documents SF85 and SF86, DD 254 and DD 441, and SF 328
- In-depth knowledge of NISPOM requirements
- Experience with protection requirements for handling and safeguarding Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Self-motivated, proactive and forward thinking
- A passion to be involved in high-impact work that makes a difference
- A drive for excellence and continual improvement
- Confident personality and capable of being persistent when necessary
The Work Environment – TPG’s Corporate headquarters in Ashburn, VA.
Work Schedule – This is a full-time, standard business hours position located at TPG’s corporate headquarters in Ashburn, Virginia. Some additional night or weekend hours may be required.
Physical Demands - To perform the essential functions of the job, qualified candidates must be able to perform the following: reaching, grasping, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, standing/walking, mobility to walk for extended periods of time. Position does require the ability to read written documentation from a computer screen throughout the workday, stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time, and must be able to write, type and use a telephone system.
Condition of employment you will:
- A rigorous culture and competency testing process
- A comprehensive criminal and employment background check
- A Drug Test
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government background investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information