Full-time, Part-time Gaithersburg, MD 20883 Urgently Hiring
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
20/20 GeneSystems, a fast-growing diagnostic laboratory located in Gaithersburg, MD, has an immediate opening for a highly motivated laboratory sales representative to sell our clinical laboratory testing services, and new tests as they become available.
We are seeking a sales representative with at least 2 years’ experience selling laboratory based diagnostic tests, specifically infectious diseases (covid-19, flu, RSV, UTIs, STDs, etc.) to county and city health departments, urgent care facilities, occupational health, and other medical settings. Potential expansion into toxicology and general serology testing. Preferred candidates have a Bachelors’ degree in biology, biochemistry, or a comparable scientific or medical discipline. Position is full-time and requires at least 2 days per week in our Gaithersburg, MD office. Position requires visits to customers throughout the Greater Washington, D.C. region. The sales territory includes MD, VA, and DC.
· Develop and implement a clear territory sales plan including revenue forecast for the targeted customer base which includes but is not limited to Urgent Care Centers, Employers ( >500 people), Wellness Centers and County and State Governments.
· Understand our customer’s needs and how our lab services can provide a solution
· Follow-up territory leads generated from your own cold-calling efforts, as well as the website, CRM, and social media campaigns.
· Update all account activity including calls, emails, and quotations in the CRM daily
· Generate leads from self-prospecting
· Build and nurture client relationships which lead to repeat business
· Actively participate in daily and weekly sales calls with sales and operational staff
Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in Biology and / or one of the sciences preferred
· At least 2 years selling in the science, clinical laboratory, urgent care, wellness, or government markets
· Ability to introduce new concepts and build consensus. Particularly in new markets
· Demonstrated track record of successful selling to key decision makers
· Strong telephone, interpersonal, and organizational skills
· Must be able to attend and represent the company and its services at various trade shows throughout the year