RESPIRATORY THERAPIST - RESPIRATORY THERAPY Full-time
Evansville, IN 47730
The Women’s Hospital is committed to recruiting and retaining top talent in a wide range of skills and occupations. We need exceptional people who share our passion for providing, family centered, high-quality care to fill clinical and non-clinical roles.
We are currently seeking a full-time (.9 FTE) Respiratory Therapist to join our team of professionals in our Neonatal Respiratory Therapy Department. The Respiratory Therapist will primarily work closely with the NICU team in providing care to neonates in addition to adult patients. This position is expected to work 36 hours a week.
Days: Works 6, 12-hour night shifts, in a pay period
Hours: 7:00pm – 7:00 am with a weekend rotation (2 of 6 weekends)
Benefits include tuition reimbursement, generous PTO accrual starting at hire (8.93 hrs/pay), health, vision, dental, disability and life insurance, 401(k) with match, and much more!
WHY WORK FOR THE WOMEN’S HOSPITAL?
We offer a work environment that supports you personally and professionally, and a work culture where you are valued and appreciated. Examples include flexible work schedules for early risers, night owls, weekenders and everyone in between; an extensive benefits package with retirement savings, comprehensive health insurance and pet insurance; and the ability to “give back” by supporting programs and charities in our community.
WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR RESPIRATORY THERAPIST CANDIDATES?
- The Respiratory Therapist must be a graduate of an approved school of Respiratory Care.
- Must be a Registered Respiratory Therapist.
- Current Indiana state Respiratory Therapist license.
- Must maintain a current status in BLS, ACLS, NRP, and STABLE certification.
- One to two years working in respiratory therapy is required.
- Experience in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) a plus
WHAT ARE THE RESPIRATORY THERAPIST RESPONSIBILITIES?
The Respiratory Therapist will coordinate and provide respiratory care for neonates (NICU) and adults.
- Provide teaching and training in respiratory care and is responsible for competency training, administration and documentation.
- Perform arterial blood gas punctures and analyses and is able to identify problems that affect test performance/results.
- Provide all modes of respiratory support, pulse oximetry, blood gas monitoring and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Perform intubation at delivery and in NICU setting
- Opportunity to join our fast growing Neonatal and Maternal Transport Teams