Manufacturing Engineer - Hiring Immediately
Warsaw, IN 46580
The Manufacturing Engineer (ME) is challenged with the planning, design, improvement, and optimization of manufacturing processes within plant operations. The ME is tasked with existing product and process support and is laser focused on driving both incremental and radical process improvements and optimization. If you enjoy being challenged to find ways to produce higher quality products faster and more productively, the read on…
Independently lead projects and project teams to analyze problems and execute creative solutions to improve productivity and reduce costs by streamlining processes and systems including driving CIP/COGS savings for the site.
- Maximize operational efficiencies by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, machining and finishing methods and work force utilization.
- Create, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and components, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards
- Determine processes and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specifications.
- Creates quotations and financial estimations for products
- Leads or assists with associated resource planning and CAPEX creation for new products/processes and/or process changes.
- Confer with planning, New Product Introduction (NPI), and New Product Development (NPD), operations, and other Engineering staff concerning process and tooling design to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confer with customers as needed to determine product specifications and quality standards.
- Confer with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluate products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Confer with management, engineering, purchasing and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Additional duties as requested by management
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be professional, proactive and positive, with internal and external customers and coworkers.
- Must be able to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide range of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Language Skills Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Working knowledge of the Lean and Six Sigma principles.
- Working knowledge of computer software such as Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of basic metallurgy, automation, heat treat methods, machining methods, finishing and polishing, material handling, forging process, basic machine design and metal fabrication.
- Knowledge of drafting/CAD and CAM.
- Capable to read blue prints and knowledge of GD&T. OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Ability to explain how and why specific conclusions were reached.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDING EQUIPMENT AND MACHINE COMPETENCIES:
Education and/or Experience
- US Citizen, green card holder or other authorization under ITAR.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, or a related Engineering field preferred; and a minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training in a manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS- None required.
Full-time, Part-time Winona lake, IN 46590 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time Winona lake, IN 46590 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time Winona lake, IN 46590 Urgently Hiring Full-time Warsaw, IN 46580 Urgently Hiring Full-time Warsaw, IN 46580 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time Warsaw, IN 46580 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time Warsaw, IN 46580 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time Warsaw, IN 46580 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time Winona lake, IN 46590 Urgently Hiring