SBARRO - Assistant Manager
Wichita, KS 67217
Quick Service Restaurant Assistant Managers (RGM) play a key role in supporting the QSR General Manager in the day to day operation of the restaurant. The QSR Assistant Manager is responsible for managing the operation of the location in the Restaurant General Manager’s absence. This role is responsible for training, coaching and driving team member performance. If you are a high energy, outgoing person who loves to work as part of a team, this job is for you! Responsibilities involve providing friendly and professional service to our guests, preparing our products and assisting to keep the restaurant tidy and well presented. Supports the Restaurant General Manager in developing an exceptional guest experience and a working environment that promotes engagement and living the Company values.
- Assist the RGM with managing the team’s guest service focus – ensures that all guests are greeted in a friendly manner to make them feel welcomed and appreciated.
- Assist the RGM with operational efficiencies with transactions, location appearance and sanitization, and appropriate stock levels.
- Assist the RGM with the selection, training and coaching of new Team members.
- Assist with counter, dining room, drive through team and food preparation and food safety, executing Company processes and programs to provide a consistent guest experience.
- In RGM’s absence, complete Manager’s reports, product ordering and banking as needed.
- Lead by example in execution of Company values, programs, processes and policies.
- Coach team to achieve desired service time, quality and accuracy standards, supervising and coordinating work of co-workers in a fair and consistent manner.
- Provide feedback, coaching and direction to fellow team members, assuming role of Shift lead in RGM’s absence, reporting performance issues to RGM for appropriate handling.
- Make safety a priority within the location for guests and team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned at the discretion of the RGM.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position and be able to fill in on any work station with or without reasonable accommodations.
Working Relationships: Restaurant Clerks, Team Members, Shift Leaders, Restaurant General Manager, District Manager, Brand Manager, and various Corporate personnel and vendors
Minimum Education: N/A
Preferred Education: High School or GED
Minimum Experience: 6 months as Shift Manager, Assistant Manager or equivalent in Restaurant environment
Preferred Experience: 1 year restaurant experience
Preferred Licenses/ Certifications and Skills: National Food Safety Certification required however can be obtained within 60 days of placement in position. Valid Driver’s license.
- Comfortable talking and interacting with guests and team members
- High energy
- Ability to move from one activity to another quickly
- Team oriented; willing to give extra effort to help others
- Computer skills are helpful
Scheduling: This position is full-time and involves working a variety of hours, day and night, as EG America locations can be open 24 hours depending on the location. Will primarily be scheduled on opposite shifts from the RGM. Weekend & Holiday hours are required.
Hours & Conditions: Full-time (30-40 hours)
Travel: 5% - will be required to deliver deposits to the bank. Reliable transportation is a must.
Physical Requirements: Ability to maneuver and regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Ability to stand/walk 8 hours a day; reach overhead, bend, squat, twist, reach, grasp and grip and work in cooler (cold temperatures). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Other: Specialized attire required in food establishments. Slip resistant footwear is required as well as attire specifically required by brand standards and franchise agreements.