At Disney, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt's passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we're constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Job Summary:
The Enterprise Technology mission is, "We Connect, Empower and Protect the Disney magic."
The Enterprise Technology Operations Team support the Infrastructure, Applications and IT Services for TWDC. The Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity (DR/BCP) role works across Enterprise Technology and The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) segments focusing on resiliency and redundancy of our technical services and solutions ensuring business continuity planning and disaster recovery.
Success will require sophisticated technology, and project management, skills, as well as strong analytical, communication and process documentation skills. Additionally, it will require the ability to lead stakeholders while driving issues and/or programs to closure.
Decisions made by this leader will have a significant impact on the efficiency and reliability of Disney's technology operations and supported business functions. This position reports to the Vice President of End-User and Technical Operations. Technology
- Working knowledge in advanced technology topics such as automation, application messaging, APIs and cloud technology.
- Understanding embedded hardware technology, Windows, Virtualization, Domain Services, Active Directory, DNS/DHCP, Linux, RISC operating systems,, SAN, NAS and data protection technologies.
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management, Application Security, Data Security and Privacy, and Security Monitoring
- Working knowledge of relevant WAN/LAN technologies, wireless infrastructure, DNS/DHCP, Load-Balancers, WAN Accelerators and other network technologies
- Seasoned technologist whom will identify technology and execution challenges in solutions and products pro-offered by Architecture and Engineering teams as well as outside vendors and OEMs.
- offered by Architecture and Engineering teams as well as outside vendors and OEMs.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities within the department to create efficiencies through the smart introduction of tool sets and technology services.
- Key stakeholder and business partner with the IT Service Management and Technical Relationship Management team to ensure that the supplier services and metrics align with the overall service strategy and tool sets.
- Lead the full lifecycle deployment of management tools in addition to other infrastructure required to support IT Solutions and Services.
- Coordination leader working with the guidance of End-User and Technical Operations, Engineering groups, the VP of Architecture and Standards, SVP of Strategy and Transformation, the Global Information Security, and related TWDC segments.
- Incident Response Lead for continuity and disaster recovery events.
- The primary SME for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery working under the authority of the Enterprise Technology leadership and Global IT Security.
- Maintains strong relationships with all Segment/Business Units as well as other Enterprise Technology teams in defining Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery operations across the portfolio.
- Partner closely with Global Information Security and Risk Management and Crisis Management to develop business continuity and disaster recovery plans for Enterprise Technology, integrate technology considerations into existing plans, and conduct tabletop exercises in support of service readiness and business continuity.
- Effectively builds and maintains relationships with suppliers, vendors, OEMs and other third parties to ensure consistent and effective delivery of services across the Walt Disney Company.
- Expert negotiator and relationship focused business person. Influences internal/external business policies that have a direct impact on the business.
- Develop the Disaster Recovery and BCP processes and programs that identify and mitigate likely threats/risks to key business operations and resources (people, property, and systems), as well as key internal and external dependencies
- Continually identifies key performance indices and effective measurement processes to ensure that Disney is experiencing a maximum return on its services and technology investments.
- Seasoned industry leader knowledgeable of outside best practices when it comes to IT Disaster Recovery planning and Business Continuity performance and operations management.
- Practices and enforces ‘LEAN' concepts to ensure the integrity of the process and communication work streams – continually works to cut down un-necessary procedural steps.
- Chair the committee for developing, gaining approval of and implementing TWDC end to end Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery (DR) policies and procedures.
- Partner with TWDC teams to develop and deploy the Business Continuity Planning / Disaster Recovery Security Incident Response procedure and fulfill the role designated within that procedure.
- Oversee activities to ensure all Disaster Recovery procedures and plans are tested, documented, and monitored and provide rapid response and recovery to system events
- Oversees DR tests/exercises to identify gaps and ensure continuous improvement.
- Lead and motivate teams in a matrixed organization for Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery events
- Responsible for managing and coordinating the Operational strategy and implementation of resilience and recovery plans and exercises for critical business and IT applications, tool, and services throughout the organization.
- Directs and oversees all Enterprise Technology disaster recovery plans, processes, and procedures that ensures the security and integrity of Synchrony data, databases, information systems, and technology.
- Collaborates with a global team of skilled professionals to ensure platform recovery strategies support DR readiness requirements. Organize review of DR recovery plan documentation to ensure adherence to the Enterprise Technology DR framework
- Defines, tests, and matures the Disaster Recovery capabilities of Enterprise Technology throughout domestic and global locations.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Administration, or like experience
- 12+ years working in an Enterprise Technology environment.
- 10+ years' experience in developing business continuity and crisis management plans, including business impact assessments and risk management
- 7+ years' experience with leading, planning and maturing annual plan exercises
Master's Degree in Emergency Management, Emergency Planning, Disaster Planning, Business Continuity, or a related field
- Industry certifications (e.g. MBCP, CBCP, ABCP, CRISC, etc.)
- CISSP (Cyber Security Certificate)
- Networking Certifications
- Cloud Certifications
Current or previous technical designations in operating systems, virtualization or hardware platforms will be helpful.
About The Walt Disney Company:
- Strong organization, planning, and program/project management skills
- Experience with ITIL frameworks and processes
- Experience working within large, complex global organizations
- Vendor relationship management experience
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.