Job Details Compensation:
Hourly plus Commission and Service ChargeOpenings:
Arch Amenities Group, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Lead Massage Therapist for Balian Springs Spa in Alexandria, VA.
The Lead Massage Therapist is responsible for providing massages and other body treatments to guests of the facility in addition to administrative duties and staff supervision. Additionalresponsibilities for the Lead Massage Therapist includemaintaining a fully staffed department by assisting in the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and scheduling of all staff.
Our ideal candidate will hold a valid Massage Therapy license and have a high level of customer service, preferably in a spa setting. The compensation for the Lead Massage Therapist is an hourly rate plus service and retail commission. Responsibilities
- Ensures the "Arch Amenities Group Experience" for guests by maintaining the standards set in Arch Amenities Group Basics to Excellence (BTE), Arch Amenities Group Mission Statement/Values; Standards and Expectations, and Arch Amenities Group Brand Standards.
- Adheres to policies of Arch Amenities Group.
- Creates a team of service providers to meet all aspects of professionalism and service demands.
- Assists other staff members with their tasks to ensure all guest needs are met.
- Maintains a fully staffed department by assisting in the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and scheduling of all staff.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting in accordance with Arch Amenities Group policy.
- Responsible for maintaing the cleanliness and sanitation standards including all treatment rooms and dispensary. Ensures that work areas are clean and set according to procedures.
- Ensure all technical staff understands all products and services, guest service standards, and daily routines.
- Set up continuing education for all staff with vendors/trainers.
- Update standard operating procedures as needed.
- Prepares any incident or accident reports and forwards them to the Spa Director.
- Assists with any special events.
- Remain current on staff licensure and certifications and professional requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate department inventory levels and facilitating accurate counts at the end of each month.
- Responsible for setting and reviewing both service and retail goals for their team members.
- Coaches employees with positive reinforcement and counsels when there are performance deficiencies.
- Performs massage and body services that meet the established guidelines for the type of service offering and that fulfill guest expectations.
- Performs all treatments on services menu based upon current licensure.
- Assesses contraindications of guest that may prevent service from taking place.
- Meets the needs of the guest at all times throughout the service.
- Understands and uses universal precautions when providing services.
- Cleans and disinfects all equipment on a daily basis.
- Maintains the highest level of product knowledge and has complete knowledge of all spa service presently offered. Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to guests. Answers guest's questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Recommends products for home use with a minimum service to sales ratio as outlined by department standards.
- Have knowledge of all spa services and suggests to guests other beneficial treatments offered in the spa.
- Begins and ends all treatments on time.
- Works assigned schedule and arrives and departs from their shift on time.
- Informs Spa Director or other management personnel about product need.
- Creates and maintains client cards and treatment notes, when appropriate.
- Completes all assigned side work.
- Attends all scheduled meetings.
- Attends scheduled professional trainings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid state license in massage therapy or other credentials required by the state.
- Minimum of three years previous massage and body work experience.
- High level of customer service experience, preferably in a spa. Must be able to build rapport with guest and explain treatments/services.
- Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests.
- Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Good verbal and written skills. Must have strong command of English.
- Strong team player.
- Effective leadership skills and strong work ethic.
- Must be comfortable with product recommendation.
- Proficient in the use of computers for inventory and writing documents.
- Must be knowledgeable using Book4Time software.
Arch Amenities Group is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.