Medical Assistant - Hiring Immediately
Dallas, TX 75201
To be eligible to enlist in the U.S. Navy, candidates must be between the ages of 18-34
The Navy relies on exceptional medical personnel to keep our servicemen and women healthy. As a Hospital Corpsman, you’ll get to try your hand at just about everything while making a huge difference for the Sailors you serve.
Hospital Corpsmen (HM) assist health care professionals in providing medical care to Navy personnel and their families. They may function as clinical or specialty technicians, medical administrative personnel and healthcare providers at medical treatment facilities. Specifically, Hospital Corpsmen may be called upon to:
• Perform emergency medical treatment on SEALs, Seabees, Marines and other military personnel injured in the field, as well as on Sailors aboard ships or aircraft
• Perform emergency dental treatment as well as construct dental crowns and bridges, process
dental X-rays and operate X-ray equipment
• Serve as an operating room technician for general and specialized surgery
• Help administer a wide range of preventive care and medications, including immunizations and intravenous fluids
• Conduct physical examinations and assisting in the treatment of diseases and injuries
• Maintain patient treatment records, conduct research and perform clinical tests
• Assist Navy Physicians and Nurses in a variety of medical fields, including, but not limited to: radiology, physical therapy, phlebotomy, dental, surgery, family medicine, pathology, women’s health and more
PAY AND BENEFITS
From the day you start, you’ll receive:
• Competitive salary
• Potential to earn a bonus upon enlistment
• Free health insurance
• Free housing
• A retirement plan
• Paid training
• College credit
• Navy College Program and Tuition Assistance
• Post-9/11 GI Bill, up to 100% tuition
• Professional credentials and certifications
• College credit hours toward a bachelor’s or associate degree through the American Council on Education
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• U.S. citizen or equivalent
• High school graduate or equivalent
• 17 years of age or older
General qualifications may vary depending upon whether you’re currently serving, whether you’ve served before or whether you’ve never served before.
As a Hospital Corpsman, you have the most diverse range of work environments available in the Navy. Your job will likely take you all over the world—and far out of your comfort zone. As a Hospital Corpsman, you could be assigned to a Navy medical treatment facility, like an on-base hospital or clinic. You could also work on an aircraft carrier in the middle of the ocean or a submarine in the depths of the sea.
Serving part-time as a Navy Reserve Sailor, your duties will be carried out during your scheduled drilling and training periods. During monthly drilling, Hospital Corpsmen in the Navy Reserve typically work at a location close to their homes.
Take a moment to learn more about the general roles and responsibilities of Navy Reserve Sailors.
- 18 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
Est. $12.35 - $16.42 Full-time, Part-time Dallas, TX 75263 Urgently Hiring Est. $12.35 - $16.42 Full-time, Part-time Dallas, TX 75264 Urgently Hiring Full-time Dallas, TX 75372 Urgently Hiring Est. $12.35 - $16.42 Full-time, Part-time Dallas, TX 75208 Urgently Hiring Full-time Dallas, TX 75208 Urgently Hiring Est. $12.35 - $16.42 Full-time, Part-time Dallas, TX 75222 Urgently Hiring Full-time Dallas, TX 75263 Urgently Hiring Full-time Dallas, TX 75264 Urgently Hiring Est. $12.35 - $16.42 Full-time, Part-time Dallas, TX 75372 Urgently Hiring