Manager, Rates and Regulatory Affairs - Full-time / Part-time
|Location||Londonderry, New Hampshire|
About this job
Our purpose is sustaining energy and water for life, and it is demonstrated in everything we do as a business, and as an employee team.
At Liberty, we hire passionate people who care about doing the right thing for our customers. We are entrepreneurial, creative, and outcome-focused. Here, your natural talent and achievements will flourish in an inclusive environment of teamwork, trust and continuous learning. We are always pursuing excellence to exceed our ambitions goals, rewarding both the goal outcome and how we achieve it.
This position is responsible for all regulatory affairs and rates related functions for Liberty's electric and natural gas operating entities in New Hampshire. The Manager will support the Director, Rates and Regulatory Affairson other regulatory matters and organizational strategies on a periodic basis. The Manager will perform regulatory and governmental outreach, prepare and implement rates filings and regulatory filings required at the state level. Has primary responsibility for managing the relationship with local regulatory commissions/authorities and other key stakeholders while ensuring that the policies and procedures of the organization comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Provide regulatory leadership and advice to direct and indirect reports to ensure regulatory compliance and to maximize earnings at the local state level.
- Prepares the company's regulatory applications and filings process to obtain all necessary permits, licenses, certificates, authorizations, and rate approvals
- Establishes and maintains good relationships with regulatory authorities
- Liaises with regulatory authorities and commission staff and participates in industry forums to influence regulatory policies
- Ensure alignment of regulatory strategies to all key local functional areas to ensure regulatory compliance and to maximize shareholder value
- Lead the rate making activities
- Develop tactics to maximize rate recovery of prudently incurred capital and operating expenses
- Participate in industry associations and develop leadership positions for Liberty Utilities
- Act as primary witness on rate and regulatory related filings at the local regulatory commissions
- Provides advice to company's management on emerging regulations and developments in industry
- Review and interpret new pending local laws and regulations, which potentially affect the organization's business practices, and coordinates the development or revision of policies, procedures, contracts, and agreements to ensure compliance
- Monitor up-to-date information regarding federal, state and applicable laws and regulations as they relate to filing requirements for regulated utilities. Updates key management on regulatory changes, developments and implications of new requirements on functional areas
- Implement and oversee a framework to ensure the utility is meeting its compliance and filings requirements in an accurate and timely manner
- Direct, mentor and manage direct reports within the department to ensure all objectives are met.
- Requires in depth knowledge and experience
- 10 years of experience in regulatory compliance or utility industry; testifying experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree with a preferred focus in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent.
- Master's degree or CPA designation a plus but not required.
- Skilled knowledge and understanding of the regulatory environment.
- Complete knowledge of local state commission and filing requirements.
- Advanced expert understanding of revenue requirement and cost recovery programs.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and report complex information.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and database applications.
- Ability to learn new processes and create procedures to implement the process.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Dynamic team player that also works well independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. #LI-DS1
Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp. is a growing renewable energy and utility company with over $15 billionof assets across North America and internationally.
For more than 30 years, Algonquin has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to delivering clean energy and water solutions. Our rapid growth has led both our regulated utility services and renewable energy business groups into different geographies and commodities, but our purpose remains unchanged - Sustaining Energy and Water for Life.
Through our operating business (Liberty), we provide regulated electricity, water, and natural gas utility services to over 1 million customer connections, primarily in North America. And, our growing portfolio of clean, renewable wind, solar, hydro and thermal power generation facilities represent over 3GW of renewable generation capacity in operation and under construction.
With our robust, diversified, and growing presence in communities across North America and internationally, we are continually demonstrating our "Think Global, Act Local" business model.
What we offer
Company funded Pension program
401k with Company match
Full insurance benefits (health/dental/vision/life)
Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working policy
Share purchase/match plan
Defined Contribution savings plan
Top Talent Program
Volunteer paid days off
Employee Assistance Program
Free parking, including free electrical charging
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role and are not certain you meet the all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply to further investigate the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person's unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each of our employees to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.