Junior Test Engineer - Hiring Immediately
Rock Point, MD 20682
SimVentions, consistently voted one of Virginia's Best Places to Work, is looking for a Junior Test Engineer to join our team in Dahlgren to support testing of Tactical Tomahawk Weapons Control System (TTWCS) software in various configurations (surface, subsurface, and Foreign Military Sales (FMS)). The candidate will work on a diverse team with fellow SimVentions testers and government personnel.
- Conduct testing of tactical weapon systems in various configurations and across multiple builds in a lab setting. Document pertinent information in lab logs
- Modify and troubleshoot lab hardware, equipment, simulators, and network configurations in a dynamic environment
- Perform data analysis of test output; identify and develop data extraction and data reduction elements for test procedures that aid in requirement verification
- Document system problems by creating change requests (CR)/problem reports (PR)
- Verify software fixes for CR/PR resolution
- Develop new test procedures and modify existing test procedures to verify requirements and system functionality
- Develop and maintain Test Verification Matrices (TVM).•Generate test plans and test reports
- Communicate testing event summaries verbally and in writing, including the ability to provide technical briefs, defend data analysis, and present at various technical reviews
- Communicate with SimVentions’ management about test initiatives, issues, needs, and provide recommendations for improvements
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- System Test experience in real time Weapon Systems
- Familiarization with Configuration Management (CM) processes and Configuration Control Board (CCB) support including performing requirements traceability
- Experience with Capabilities Based Test and Evaluation (CBT&E)
- Experience with automated testing tools and methods
- Experience using Jira to document and track CRs/PRs as well as tracking tasks
Due to the requirements in the Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce guidance and the nature of our covered contracts and facilities, all employees may need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a legal exemption with approved accommodation.
Education: A Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline.
Minimum Clearance: Interim Secret
Location: NSWC Dahlgren
Why Work for SimVentions?
SimVentions is about more than just being a fun place to work. We are a family of like-minded individuals who care for, support and encourage each other. We are here to imagine, create, explore, discover, and do great things together.
Support Our Warfighters
SimVentions is a proud supporter of the U.S. military, and we take pride in our ability to provide relevant, game-changing solutions to our armed men and women around the world.
Drive Customer Success
We deliver solutions that go beyond the expected. This means you can expect to work with a team that will do whatever it takes to ensure our customers are successful and happy with our results.
Get Involved in Giving Back
We believe that one of the best ways to be a well-rounded company is to have well-rounded employees, and one of the ways we encourage that is by providing a wide range of service opportunities for our team members throughout the year.
Build Innovative Technology
SimVentions takes pride in it's innovative and cutting edge technology, so you can be sure that whatever project you work on, you will be having a direct impact on our customer’s success.
Work with Brilliant People
At SimVentions, we don’t just hire the smartest people. We hire experienced, creative individuals who are passionate about what they do, and who embody the culture that we have created here.
Create Meaningful Solutions
We always have a wide variety of challenging, meaningful problems to solve at SimVentions, which span the whole range of our six core disciplines.
Employees who join SimVentions will enjoy benefits like:
- The impact benefit – work on projects that directly impact the safety of our country
- The purpose benefit – be part of something bigger where our profits help the needy
- The co-worker benefit – work with the best and brightest people in the business
- The dress code benefit – business casual. We like to be comfortable while we work
- The healthcare benefits – one of the best packages in the industry
- The bacon benefit – if the CEO eats the last piece of bacon you get to blast him with Nerf darts
- The breakfast benefit – the “C’s” fix you breakfast once a year
- The food benefits – we have a lot of food around here
- On-site Chaplain and prayer room
- Lots of employee-appreciation events throughout the year
- Excellent working facilities and tools to get your job done
- Regular communication (“All-Hands”, “SimV Share”, “Imagineering Day”) to stay connected to SimV culture, stay abreast of what is happening in the company, and meet new faces while eating good food
- SimVentions sports teams and workout groups
- Employee led interest groups for personal and professional development
- What you bring to the table…
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Est. $12.50 - $16.37 Full-time, Part-time Cobb island, MD 20625 Full-time, Part-time Cobb island, MD 20625 Full-time, Part-time Cobb island, MD 20625 Full-time, Part-time Rock point, MD 20682 Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time, Part-time Rock point, MD 20682 Full-time, Part-time Cobb island, MD 20625 Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time, Part-time Cobb island, MD 20625 Est. $12.50 - $16.37 Full-time, Part-time Rock point, MD 20682 Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time, Part-time Cobb island, MD 20625 Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time Washington, DC 20001