Similar available jobs
in Gaithersburg, MD
Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time, Part-time Gaithersburg, MD 20884 Urgently Hiring
Est. $31.29 - $56.67 Full-time Germantown, MD 20875 Urgently Hiring Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time, Part-time Rockville, MD 20850 Urgently Hiring Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time, Part-time Gaithersburg, MD 20884 Urgently Hiring Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time, Part-time Rockville, MD 20850 Urgently Hiring Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time, Part-time Gaithersburg, MD 20899 Urgently Hiring Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time, Part-time Germantown, MD 20875 Urgently Hiring Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time, Part-time Gaithersburg, MD 20899 Urgently Hiring Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time, Part-time Montgomery village, MD 20886 Urgently Hiring
Software Developer III - Full-time / Part-time
Gaithersburg, MD 20883
SimVentions, consistently voted one of Virginia's Best Places to Work, is looking for a Software Developer to join our team to become part of an Agile software development team that is tasked with transitioning the monolithic AEGIS Weapon System code-base to a loosely-coupled, modular, low-propagation-cost, and scalable set of software components.
All work will be done at the Navy's Surface Combatant Software Factory, called the FORGE, in College Park, MD
- Leverage commercial approaches and techniques for software architecture and software development, modernization, and refactoring to enable significant acceleration in delivering new warfighting capability to the Navy's AEGIS Fleet
- Leverage industry best practices in transitioning brownfield applications into low-propagation-cost software components.
- Support the transition from large, pre-defined sets of capabilities to the rapid development and delivery of individual capabilities as minimum viable products
Required Skills & Experience:
2 years of experience in software development or relevant degree
2 years of experience in software testing
1 year of experience in software quality assurance
- Proficient in Java or C++
Due to the requirements in the Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce guidance and the nature of our covered contracts and facilities, all employees may need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a legal exemption with approved accommodation.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with virtualization and containerization
- Experience developing microservices
Education: HS diploma or equivalent
Minimum Clearance: Ability to obtain Secret clearance
Location: College Park, MD
Why Work for SimVentions?
SimVentions is about more than just being a place to work with other growth-orientated technically exceptional experts. It’s also a fun place to work. Our family-friendly atmosphere encourages our employee-owners to imagine, create, explore, discover, and do great things together.
Support Our Warfighters
SimVentions is a proud supporter of the U.S. military, and we take pride in our ability to provide relevant, game-changing solutions to our armed men and women around the world.
Drive Customer Success
We deliver innovative products and solutions that go beyond the expected. This means you can expect to work with a team that will allow you to grow, have a voice, and make an impact.
Get Involved in Giving Back
We believe that one of the best ways to be a well-rounded company is to have well-rounded employees, and one of the ways we encourage that is by providing a wide range of service opportunities for our team members to engage in throughout the year.
Build Innovative Technology
SimVentions takes pride in its innovative and cutting-edge technology, so you can be sure that whatever project you work on, you will be having a direct impact on our customer’s success.
Work with Brilliant People
At SimVentions, we don’t just hire the smartest people. We hire experienced, creative individuals who are passionate about what they do, and who benefit from the culture that we have created here.
Create Meaningful Solutions
We are trusted partners with our customers and are provided challenging and meaningful requirements to help them solve.
Employees who join SimVentions will enjoy benefits like:
- Impact: work on projects that directly support the defense of our nation.
- Serve: work for a company that supports its surrounding communities.
- Employee Owned: work with the best and help build YOUR company.
- Dress code: business casual. We like to be comfortable while we work.
- Healthcare: one of the best packages in the industry.
- Culture: add to our culture of technical excellence and collaboration.
- Food: we have a lot of food around here.
- Family focus: work for a team that recognizes the importance of family time.
- Employee appreciation: lots of events throughout the year.
- Resources: excellent facilities, tools, and training opportunities to grow in your field.
- Open communication: work in an environment where your voice matters.
- Fitness/Well-being: opportunities to participate in company sports teams and workout groups.
- Professional development: employee-led interest groups for personal and professional development plus great training options
- What you bring to the table: contribute, grow, and thrive.
- Lots of employee appreciation events throughout the year
- Excellent working facilities and tools to get your job done
- Regular communication (“All-Hands”, “SimV Share”, “Imagineering Day”) to stay connected to SimV culture, stay abreast of what is happening in the company, and meet new faces while eating good food
- SimVentions sports teams and workout groups
- Employee led interest groups for personal and professional development
- What you bring to the table…
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)