Software Quality Assurance Test Engineer - Hiring Immediately
Cobb Island, MD 20625
SimVentions, consistently voted one Virginia's Best Places to Work, is looking for a Software Development Test Engineer to join our team!
The Software Quality Assurance Test Engineer will work as part of a small to medium-size Agile project team to develop an automated test tool. This position requires coding/scripting ability (languages used are C++, ROS, and C#) and training/experience in Agile methodologies. The ideal candidate is a process-oriented person with prior software test experience, a high level of personal initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Excellent communication skills and teamwork are as important as technical ability.
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding autonomous testing best practices and industry standards to assist the development team to build an autonomous testing tool
- Write test descriptions and other test documentation
- Execute testing and document test results
- Collaborate with developers to ensure understanding and resolution of bugs
- Utilize DOORS and proprietary systems to link requirements to test cases and provide configuration management of project documentation
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5-10 years of experience in a software position, scripting or coding in C#, C++
- 3+ years of Automated Test Experience
- Analytical skills, as evidenced through previous paid technical work, to identify and document software issues then collaborate with developers regarding the software issues
- Strong teaming skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Exposure to ROS
Additional Requirements: Due to the requirements in the Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce guidance and the nature of our covered contracts and facilities, all employees may need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a legal exemption with approved accommodation.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- 1-2 years experience coding or testing ROS-related software
- Experience with DOORS or other requirements management system
- Experience with Jira, Azure DevOps, Other project management tools
Education: BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, Software Development, Information Technology, Mathematics, Cyber Security. Other degrees with minors in these fields will be considered.
Minimum Clearance: Interim Secret Clearance
Location: Dahlgren, VA Office, Potential Telework for local candidates
Why Work for SimVentions?
SimVentions is about more than just being a place to work with other growth-orientated technically exceptional experts. It’s also a fun place to work. Our family-friendly atmosphere encourages our employee-owners to imagine, create, explore, discover, and do great things together.
Support Our Warfighters
SimVentions is a proud supporter of the U.S. military, and we take pride in our ability to provide relevant, game-changing solutions to our armed men and women around the world.
Drive Customer Success
We deliver innovative products and solutions that go beyond the expected. This means you can expect to work with a team that will allow you to grow, have a voice, and make an impact.
Get Involved in Giving Back
We believe that one of the best ways to be a well-rounded company is to have well-rounded employees, and one of the ways we encourage that is by providing a wide range of service opportunities for our team members to engage in throughout the year.
Build Innovative Technology
SimVentions takes pride in its innovative and cutting-edge technology, so you can be sure that whatever project you work on, you will be having a direct impact on our customer’s success.
Work with Brilliant People
At SimVentions, we don’t just hire the smartest people. We hire experienced, creative individuals who are passionate about what they do, and who benefit from the culture that we have created here.
Create Meaningful Solutions
We are trusted partners with our customers and are provided challenging and meaningful requirements to help them solve.
Employees who join SimVentions will enjoy benefits like:
- Impact: work on projects that directly support the defense of our nation.
- Serve: work for a company that supports its surrounding communities.
- Employee Owned: work with the best and help build YOUR company.
- Dress code: business casual. We like to be comfortable while we work.
- Healthcare: one of the best packages in the industry.
- Culture: add to our culture of technical excellence and collaboration.
- Food: we have a lot of food around here.
- Family focus: work for a team that recognizes the importance of family time.
- Employee appreciation: lots of events throughout the year.
- Resources: excellent facilities, tools, and training opportunities to grow in your field.
- Open communication: work in an environment where your voice matters.
- Fitness/Well-being: opportunities to participate in company sports teams and workout groups.
- Professional development: employee-led interest groups for personal and professional development plus great training options
- What you bring to the table: contribute, grow, and thrive.
- Lots of employee appreciation events throughout the year
- Excellent working facilities and tools to get your job done
- Regular communication (“All-Hands”, “SimV Share”, “Imagineering Day”) to stay connected to SimV culture, stay abreast of what is happening in the company, and meet new faces while eating good food
- SimVentions sports teams and workout groups
- Employee led interest groups for personal and professional development
- What you bring to the table…
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time, Part-time Cobb island, MD 20625 Full-time, Part-time Cobb island, MD 20625 Est. $37.55 - $57.52 Full-time, Part-time Bushwood, MD 20618 Est. $37.55 - $57.52 Full-time, Part-time Coltons point, MD 20626 Full-time, Part-time Cobb island, MD 20625 Full-time, Part-time Rock point, MD 20682 Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time, Part-time Rock point, MD 20682 Est. $12.50 - $16.37 Full-time, Part-time Cobb island, MD 20625 Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time, Part-time Rock point, MD 20682 Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time Washington, DC 20001