Test Engineer II - Hiring Immediately
Stratford, VA 22558
SimVentions, consistently voted one Virginia's Best Places to Work is looking for a Test Engineer. This position will support the Engineering Agents for Integrated Topside Design. This support consists of comprehensive analysis includes the assessment of electromagnetic compatibility; system safety; system location and physical or optical blockage; structural integrity, system maintainability, system survivability, and operational impacts to other systems. The successful candidate will also support Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) systems integration efforts by providing total life-cycle support for systems beginning with up-front Electromagnetic Coupling (EMC) related engineering support during development. The candidate will conduct characterization analyses and develop mitigation options for predictions of Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) with new and installed systems in both Shipbuilding and Conversion (SCN) and In-service designs.
• Lab & Field Test Support
• Design Configuration & Fabrication
• Platform & System Integration
• EMC/EMI problem solving and data management
• Systems Engineering
Required Skills and Experience:
• 4 years of general experience in Engineering & Science (E&S), Research, Development, Test & Evaluation (RDT&E), or Science & Technology (S&T) programs
• 3 years of experience with RDT&E or Integration related to shipboard systems related to warfare systems or electronic systems.
• Demonstrated experience in one or more specific areas: EMI/EMC; E3 instructions, standards, policies, and procedures; Defense Acquisition Engineering; E3/EMI/EMC Testing; EMI problem investigation; Spectrum, EMC, or RADHAZ Certification; EMI/EMC analysis and assessment; EMI PMS; USN Optimized Fleet Response Plan (O-FRP); EMI Control and Mitigation; EMI Control Measure Drawings; SEMCIP Technical Assistance Network or E3 Team Online
Due to the requirements in the Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce guidance and the nature of our covered contracts and facilities, all employees may need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a legal exemption with approved accommodation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Matlab, AutoDesk and Venture
- Familiarity filling out and handling 1494 forms
Bachelor's degree in an Engineering, Science, or Technical discipline. Or 6 years or more of equivalent DoD Service experience as an E-4 or above in a related technical rate can substitute for a bachelor’s degree.
Security Clearance: Interim Secret
Travel: 10% CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required. Quick Response Capability (ability to travel within 72-hour notice) desired.
Why Work for SimVentions?
SimVentions is about more than just being a place to work with other growth-orientated technically exceptional experts. It’s also a fun place to work. Our family-friendly atmosphere encourages our employee-owners to imagine, create, explore, discover, and do great things together.
Support Our Warfighters
SimVentions is a proud supporter of the U.S. military, and we take pride in our ability to provide relevant, game-changing solutions to our armed men and women around the world.
Drive Customer Success
We deliver innovative products and solutions that go beyond the expected. This means you can expect to work with a team that will allow you to grow, have a voice, and make an impact.
Get Involved in Giving Back
We believe that one of the best ways to be a well-rounded company is to have well-rounded employees, and one of the ways we encourage that is by providing a wide range of service opportunities for our team members to engage in throughout the year.
Build Innovative Technology
SimVentions takes pride in its innovative and cutting-edge technology, so you can be sure that whatever project you work on, you will be having a direct impact on our customer’s success.
Work with Brilliant People
At SimVentions, we don’t just hire the smartest people. We hire experienced, creative individuals who are passionate about what they do, and who benefit from the culture that we have created here.
Create Meaningful Solutions
We are trusted partners with our customers and are provided challenging and meaningful requirements to help them solve.
Employees who join SimVentions will enjoy benefits like:
- Impact: work on projects that directly support the defense of our nation.
- Serve: work for a company that supports its surrounding communities.
- Employee Owned: work with the best and help build YOUR company.
- Dress code: business casual. We like to be comfortable while we work.
- Healthcare: one of the best packages in the industry.
- Culture: add to our culture of technical excellence and collaboration.
- Food: we have a lot of food around here.
- Family focus: work for a team that recognizes the importance of family time.
- Employee appreciation: lots of events throughout the year.
- Resources: excellent facilities, tools, and training opportunities to grow in your field.
- Open communication: work in an environment where your voice matters.
- Fitness/Well-being: opportunities to participate in company sports teams and workout groups.
- Professional development: employee-led interest groups for personal and professional development plus great training options
- What you bring to the table: contribute, grow, and thrive.
- Lots of employee appreciation events throughout the year
- Excellent working facilities and tools to get your job done
- Regular communication (“All-Hands”, “SimV Share”, “Imagineering Day”) to stay connected to SimV culture, stay abreast of what is happening in the company, and meet new faces while eating good food
- SimVentions sports teams and workout groups
- Employee led interest groups for personal and professional development
- What you bring to the table…
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Full-time, Part-time Montross, VA 22520 Full-time, Part-time Zacata, VA 22581 Full-time, Part-time Stratford, VA 22558 Full-time, Part-time Zacata, VA 22581 Full-time, Part-time Montross, VA 22520