B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is a subsidiary of the largest private real estate company in the Washington, D.C. area, and has been in operation for over 130 years. The Hospitality Group operates a portfolio of more than 20 business class hotels with top brands from Intercontinental Hotel Groups, Marriott International, Hilton, and Best Western Hotels: along with The Watermark Hotel, The Hay-Adams Hotel, and Perch Putt. These properties are operated by a team of more than 1,000 enthusiastic hospitality professionals!
Join the amazing team at the Holiday Inn Dulles! This position is responsible for serving food and beverages to guests in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner. Adheres to all health regulations and local liquor laws. According to function specifications, sets up, maintains, and takes down banquet rooms after service/event has concluded. Ensures exceptional guest service and creates an inviting atmosphere. Follows Holiday Inn and brand standards of quality to ensure guest satisfaction.Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Guest Service: Anticipates and responds to guests in a friendly, positive and timely manner. Provides the highest quality service to guests using proper serving techniques. Works as a team player in meeting guests needs, and actively contributes to the efforts of other departments when necessary. Understands and follows Holiday Inn guest service recovery program.
- Serving Duties: Listens attentively, follows serving direction from banquet captain and event planner, and uses proper serving techniques. According to function specifications, sets up, maintains, and takes down banquet rooms after service/event has concluded. Busses trays in a timely manner, and keeps banquet area and meeting rooms neat, clean and presentable. Adheres to all health regulations, keeping and local liquor laws.
- Helps control expenses: Responsible for proper use of all banquet collateral and equipment. Adheres to cost controls to reduce expenses and waste.
- Works Safely: Dispenses/serves food and beverages and maintains a clean and safe work area in accordance with Holiday Inn, local, state, and federal regulations. Follows all Holiday Inn procedures for guest/associate incidents. Knowledgeable of hotel emergency procedures.
- Self/Workload Management: Produces required volume of work by planning, organizing and prioritizing work duties. Adheres to Holiday Inn attendance policy, grooming/appearance standards, general work rules and department procedures. Attends all required department and hotel meetings.
- Works collaboratively with all others: Assists bartenders and works as a team player to ensure all guest needs are met. Works as a team player to ensure all guest needs are met. Completes all assigned duties within or outside the normal scope of responsibilities.
- Side Work/Other Duties: Completes all required side work, and takes initiative to assist wherever necessary. Actively contributes to the success of the guest experience.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience required.
- TIPS or CARE beverage service certification desired, or the ability to obtain certification is required.
- Must have one or more years of previous guest service experience.
- Must have demonstrated exemplary customer service, attention to detail, and ability to perform job duties in a repetitious and fast paced environment.
- Must have the ability to speak, understand, and write English in order to meet guest's needs.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis throughout shift, and up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Requires ability to complete physically demanding responsibilities such as walking, standing, carrying, and moving about the property continuously throughout the shift.
- Prefer one or more years of previous serving experience in a banquet environment. EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disabled
B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring diverse professionals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled