Associate Principal Director - Communication Systems and Agile Process Subdivision (CSAPS) - Now Hiring
Chantilly, VA 20151
Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring Est. $30.33 - $52.13 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time Chantilly, VA 20151 Urgently Hiring Est. $30.33 - $52.13 Full-time, Part-time Chantilly, VA 20151 Est. $30.33 - $52.13 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring Est. $59.52 - $85.32 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring Est. $59.52 - $85.32 Full-time Herndon, VA 20171 Urgently Hiring
The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click here for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.
EXCITING TIMES AT AEROSPACE CORPORATION!
The Communications Technologies and Engineering Division (CTED) Team at Aerospace Corporation helps our customers solve the hardest problems in Satellite Communications, Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), and Position, Navigation and Timing (PNT). CTED provides solutions broadly covering architectures, policies, system design, performance, and development of cutting-edge prototypes in our laboratories. The division interacts with all major space customers to address their needs from terrestrial networks, ground stations and wireless systems to spacecraft, with a strong focus on robust and resilient communications.
WE ARE HIRING! Aerospace is seeking a highly motivated Associate Principal Director to help lead the Communication Systems and Agile Processing Subdivision (CSAPS) within CTED. CSAPS is comprised of over 90-talented engineers and 10-laboratories, with a significant presence in Chantilly, VA supporting our Intelligence Community. We develop innovative solutions in overhead signal collection and processing, covert RF communications, wideband software-defined signal processing, electronic warfare (EW), and Alt-PNT. CSAPS ultimately provides end-to-end capability, taking an idea from concept, through modeling and simulation, to submission of hardware prototypes that fly in space! The selected candidate will have an opportunity to lead development of efforts such as the Aerospace CubeSat SlingShot Platform and the Payload Characterization and Environments (PACE) Lab. This is a full-time position based in Chantilly, VA and will require the chosen candidate to support on-site daily.
What You'll Be Doing
- Partner with the Principal Director in defining and implementing the technical development strategy for the Communication Systems and Agile Processing Subdivision, and clearly communicate expectations to staff
- Manage CTED East Coast laboratory operations including facilities, safety, and financial planning in tight collaboration with executive leaders and corporate operations organizations
- Serve as the Principal Investigator (PI) for several strategic R&D projects involving hardware prototype development and cross-functional teams
- Develop and maintain relationships with a broad local and regional customer base and maintain understanding of current and future classified, unclassified, and commercial customer needs
- Seek and identify opportunities for additional, expanded, and new business and assists higher management in the evaluation and pursuit of new opportunities
- Facilitate technical collaboration with other ETG organizations and execute highly collaborative strategies involving multiple organizations
- Encourage creative thinking and development of new processes, tools, and skills to increase organizational effectiveness and grow a culture that champions innovation and diversity
- Monitor quality of technical products and deliverables to ensure they meet organizational standards
- Support and oversee management team functions including staffing, conducting performance reviews/merit/retention actions, recognizing outstanding performances, executing capital/overhead budgets, and performing other administrative duties
- Develop and mentor managers and directors within the organization
What You Need to be Successful
- Obtained a bachelor's degree in a STEM field or other area relevant to the organization's core expertise including Digital Signal Processing, Wireless Communication, RF/Analog Electronics, etc.
- Minimum of 10- years of applicable professional experience; 4+ years experience in a supervisory roleis required
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to build and lead interdisciplinary teams
- Recognized ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of corporate staff, support organizations, customers, and contractors
- Strong track record in people management skills, including recruiting, hiring, mentoring, staff development, and administering performance reviews
- Proven ability to create visions and build state-of-the-art laboratory and manage associated operating budgets and staffing
- Ability to take smart risks, make critical decisions in a timely manner and influence others without authority
- MUST HAVE an active Top Secret Security Clearance + SCI access which is issued by the U.S. Government
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Advanced Degrees in a STEM field or equivalent is highly desirable
- 16+ years of applicable professional experience with 8+ years of experience in an organizational supervisory roleis preferred
- Broad range of experience in the technical areas of subdivision responsibility, including software defined radios (SDRs), RF/antenna design, overhead signal collection and geolocation, machine learning, space hardware and real-time software development, GPS/GNSS, etc.
- Experience recruiting and hiring high quality talent in highly competitive fields such as SDRs, field programmable gate array (FPGA), machine learning, and digital signal processing
- Track record of successfully managing research, overhead, and laboratory capital budgets
- Demonstrated success in leading research activities and transitioning new technologies to programs
- Broad technical understanding of IC missions and programs
- Established relationships with ETG and Program Offices
- Ability to understand and leverage organizational culture to institute both strategy and change
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion,genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Full-time Washington, DC 20402 Urgently Hiring $140,000.00 to $170,000.00 hourly Full-time Washington, DC 20544 Est. $30.33 - $52.13 Full-time, Part-time Purcellville, VA 20132 Full-time, Part-time Stafford, VA 22554 Full-time, Part-time Stafford, VA 22554 Full-time, Part-time Stafford, VA 22554 Full-time, Part-time Stafford, VA 22554 Full-time, Part-time Baltimore, MD 21231 Full-time, Part-time Baltimore, MD 21231