Similar available jobs
in Austin, TX
est. per hourJohnson Health Tech • 2d ago
est. per hourEngage2Excel • 12h ago New
est. per hourXerox Corporation • 8h ago New
est. per hourAvis Budget Group • 30d ago
Early Career Program: Field Engineer (United States) - 2022 Opportunities (Texas City & Sweeny) - Full-time / Part-time
Austin, TX 78716
Join our team of Field Engineers
Our Early Career Program for Field Engineers inspires and guides recent graduates through career-shaping experiences. This program takes approximately 36 months to complete and gets you involved in helping clients locate and produce energy more efficiently. Program graduates have the foundations to make innovative significant contributions to our future.
Take your career to the next level
Partner with the best
As a Field Engineer, you will be the key interface between our on-site teams and the client. You will work technically and professionally, leading crews to ensure that equipment is installed, maintained and started properly. By making innovative key contributions to our future, you will also help create reliable, high-quality support for our customers. As part of our Early Career Program as a Field Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating with crew member to deploy tools and services, including liaison with customers and shore-based Operations Managers.
- Participating in finding solutions to complex technical problems through hands-on work at the rig site
- Preparing, documenting, and receiving outbound and inbound equipment and products, including products to and from the well site
- Providing support for tenders, including data analysis and cost estimates, as well as performing invoicing activities
- Engaging in job shadowing opportunities to develop a holistic understanding of the business
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering (all fields), Engineering Technology, Mathematics, Chemistry, Geosciences or similar, within the last 36 months.
- Have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 (or equivalent)
- Be fluent in written and spoken English, with excellent communication skills
- Be legally entitled to work within the country in which you are applying without company sponsorship or time restriction.
- Have good interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for teamwork and the ability to guide others.
- Demonstrate good leadership, critical thinking, and numerical skills as well as data analysis and project management abilities.
As part of our commitment to the health & safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.
Through our early careers program, we will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. You will be working in an international organisation and will learn and develop with collaborative and inspiring colleagues.
Benefits offered to our Field Engineer program members include:
- Career development training
- Visibility to senior leaders
- Working in highly diverse teams
- Access to a wide range of career options post program
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work. Requests for reasonable accommodations due to valid medical reasons, a sincerely held religious belief, or other personal conscience objection will be considered on a case-by-case basis, including but not limited to essential job duties, in accordance with applicable law.About Us:
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.