CMDM Analyst I or II - Now Hiring
Cobb Island, MD 20625
SimVentions, consistently voted one of Virginia's Best Places to Work, is looking for a Configuration Management Analyst to support one of our Department of Defense customers. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining a Configuration Management system to manage software and documentation baselines in support of the customer’s mission. The ideal candidate will also have knowledge and experience preparing, editing, and producing a variety of technical and non-technical documents in accordance with documented standards.
- Perform five elements of Configuration Management.
- Prepare and/or maintain software and documentation pertaining to programming, systems operation and user documentation.
- Perform change management and status accounting of change reports using JIRA and Confluence.
- Proofreading and ensuring documents are stylistically consistent and mechanically accurate, which includes grammar, punctuation, spelling, acronyms, and more.
- Research and communicate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to obtain content to assist in writing documentation to support program/project.
- Verify accuracy against multiple sources such as contractual requirements, previous reports, and data sources.
- Communicate within all levels of the organization and customers.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Atlassian Jira and Atlassian Confluence
- 1-5 years' experience and working knowledge of Configuration Management (CM) processes and Configuration Control Board (CCB) support, including performing requirements traceability and experience with operation and management of databases
- Management and tracking of classified and unclassified media
- Experience in the documentation, change report handling, and accountability via Configuration Management (CM) tools
- Very detail oriented
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Strong writing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Ambitious, proactive personality
- Proficient in MS Word and PowerPoint
Due to the requirements in the Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce guidance and the nature of our covered contracts and facilities, all employees may need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a legal exemption with approved accommodation.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience and familiarity with command operations at Naval Surface Warfare Center, Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD).
- Experience in MS SharePoint.
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required
Minimum Clearance: Ability to obtain and maintain secret clearance
Location: Dahlgren-On Base
Why Work for SimVentions?
SimVentions is about more than just being a place to work with other growth-orientated technically exceptional experts. It’s also a fun place to work. Our family-friendly atmosphere encourages our employee-owners to imagine, create, explore, discover, and do great things together.
Support Our Warfighters
SimVentions is a proud supporter of the U.S. military, and we take pride in our ability to provide relevant, game-changing solutions to our armed men and women around the world.
Drive Customer Success
We deliver innovative products and solutions that go beyond the expected. This means you can expect to work with a team that will allow you to grow, have a voice, and make an impact.
Get Involved in Giving Back
We believe that one of the best ways to be a well-rounded company is to have well-rounded employees, and one of the ways we encourage that is by providing a wide range of service opportunities for our team members to engage in throughout the year.
Build Innovative Technology
SimVentions takes pride in its innovative and cutting-edge technology, so you can be sure that whatever project you work on, you will be having a direct impact on our customer’s success.
Work with Brilliant People
At SimVentions, we don’t just hire the smartest people. We hire experienced, creative individuals who are passionate about what they do, and who benefit from the culture that we have created here.
Create Meaningful Solutions
We are trusted partners with our customers and are provided challenging and meaningful requirements to help them solve.
Employees who join SimVentions will enjoy benefits like:
- Impact: work on projects that directly support the defense of our nation.
- Serve: work for a company that supports its surrounding communities.
- Employee Owned: work with the best and help build YOUR company.
- Dress code: business casual. We like to be comfortable while we work.
- Healthcare: one of the best packages in the industry.
- Culture: add to our culture of technical excellence and collaboration.
- Food: we have a lot of food around here.
- Family focus: work for a team that recognizes the importance of family time.
- Resources: excellent facilities, tools, and training opportunities to grow in your field.
- Open communication: work in an environment where your voice matters.
- Fitness/Well-being: opportunities to participate in company sports teams and workout groups.
- Professional development: employee-led interest groups for personal and professional development plus great training options
- What you bring to the table: contribute, grow, and thrive.
- Lots of employee appreciation events throughout the year
- Excellent working facilities and tools to get your job done
- Regular communication (“All-Hands”, “SimV Share”, “Imagineering Day”) to stay connected to SimV culture, stay abreast of what is happening in the company, and meet new faces while eating good food
- SimVentions sports teams and workout groups
- Employee led interest groups for personal and professional development
- What you bring to the table…
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Est. $37.55 - $57.52 Full-time, Part-time Coltons point, MD 20626 Est. $37.55 - $57.52 Full-time, Part-time Bushwood, MD 20618 Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time, Part-time Cobb island, MD 20625 Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time, Part-time Rock point, MD 20682 Full-time, Part-time Cobb island, MD 20625 Full-time, Part-time Rock point, MD 20682 Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time, Part-time Rock point, MD 20682 Full-time, Part-time Cobb island, MD 20625 Est. $38.03 - $64.35 Full-time, Part-time Cobb island, MD 20625