Clinical and Anatomic Pathology Quality Manager (Regional) - Now Hiring
Herndon, VA 20171
Clinical and Anatomic Pathology Quality Manager (Regional)
(Supports Mid-Atlantic region(s) of VA, MD and District of Columbia)
The Clinical and Anatomic Pathology Quality Manager (Regional) is responsible for the Quality programs, systems, processes and procedures and that the performance and quality of services conform to established regulatory and accreditation requirements within the assigned laboratory or geographic region. The Quality Manager leads the internal and external audit program and resolution of audit and inspection findings; manages the internal and external proficiency testing program, manages the nonconforming event program, and facilitates continuous improvement. Oversees compliance with CLIA, CAP, ISO 15189 and other regulatory and accreditation requirements.
Important and Relevant information:
- This Quality Professional will regionally travel at least 50% as needed in support of the Quality Programs located in the following state(s): VA, MD and District of Columbia. May also involve overnight travel as needed.
- Labcorp vehicle may be available based on approved mileage.
- Communication devices (mobile phone, laptop, etc.,) are provided.
- This position is a Hybrid position with remote and travel opportunities.
What to Expect:
- Communicates a shared vision to reach current and future goals
- Promotes a culture of quality
- Ensures team members are connected to the value they bring
- Creates an environment for ongoing learning and development
- Provides and ensures training for Labcorp quality policies and procedures
- Models collaboration that creates an inclusive and trusted environment
- Partners with laboratory leadership to develop quality goals and objectives
- Helps in execution of these goals
- Serves as a liaison between external regulatory agencies and laboratories
- Seeks better ways to achieve our mission
- Facilitates process improvement activities
- Monitors outcomes of root cause analysis, corrective action and effectiveness checks
- Helps in the interpretation and application of regulatory requirements
- Adapts in challenging times and learns from setbacks
- Maintains a contemporary knowledge of current industry trends, standards and methodologies as it relates to quality management systems
- Produces quality results with a sense of urgency
- Ensures all laboratories within the assigned area(s) maintain current federal, state and local licensure and accreditations, as applicable
- Formulates responses to accreditation and regulatory citations, nonconforming events and complaints
- Provides guidance for laboratories in implementing policies with respect to regulatory and accreditation requirements
- Maintains and coordinates communications between laboratories in the assigned area(s), provides assistance where indicated on quality related issues
- Executes with discipline to achieve the goal
- Collects summary data for management reports regarding quality indicators, internal and external audit outcomes, and complaints
- Audits laboratories to identify quality issues, nonconformities and opportunities for improvement
Other job duties, as is applicable
- Provides excellent communication with Divisional Quality Director
- Overnight travel
Education and Qualification(s)
- BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, or other related science, 5+ years in Quality Assurance and/or Quality Management
- 2 years of People Leadership Operations experience, preferred.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our
Est. $28.62 - $36.97 Full-time Sterling, VA 20166 Urgently Hiring Est. $29.55 - $42.82 Full-time Sterling, VA 20166 Urgently Hiring Est. $29.55 - $42.82 Full-time Sterling, VA 20166 Urgently Hiring Est. $34.97 - $54.75 Full-time, Part-time Dulles Town Center, VA 20166 Est. $17.85 - $30.06 Full-time, Part-time Washington, DC 20041 Est. $28.62 - $36.97 Full-time Reston, VA 20194 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.62 - $36.97 Full-time Reston, VA 20191 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.62 - $36.97 Full-time Sterling, VA 20166 Urgently Hiring Est. $28.62 - $36.97 Full-time Washington, DC 20041 Urgently Hiring Est. $11.75 - $15.54 Full-time, Part-time Arlington, VA 22203