Red Team Network Architect
Patuxent River, MD 20670
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
***This opportunity provides a potential customized relocation package as well as the opportunity for a significant sign-on bonuses for top candidates
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of work-related experience in a relevant technical discipline required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Offensive and Defensive Cyber Threat Operations to include recent Red Team experience
- Experience with advanced computer exploitation methodologies
- Expertise in analysis of TCP/IP network communication protocols
- Working knowledge of anti-analysis anti-evasion methodologies
- Working knowledge of implant persistence techniques
- Working knowledge exfiltration and lateral movement tradecraft
- Working knowledge of OSINT collection/ reconnaissance techniques for target selection
- Strong attention to detail with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Awareness of cybersecurity trends, issues, and hacking techniques
- Required/Maintain IAT Level III or IAM Level III 8570 certifications include one or more of the following:
- CASP+ CE
- CCNP Security
- GIAC Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Requires communication, leadership, and team building skills
- Requires artistic, manual, and technical writing skills and the ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with team members, Government Cyber leadership, and middle management
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Over eight (8) years' experience in Offensive Cyber Operations or computer network exploitation
- Experience in performing full spectrum offensive and defensive cyber operations (OCO/DCO)
- Experience with operational training programs and qualification standards
- Proficiency in technical and social network visualization techniques
- Experience with physical and network-based threat methodologies and tools
- Experience with Intelligence Analysis process
- Desired certifications include one or more of the following:
- TCM Practical Network Penetration Testing (PNPT)
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN)
- Red Team, Computer Operator or Exploitation Analyst experience with Threat Systems Management and Operations (TSMO), US Air Force, US Navy or National Security Agency (NSA) / Cyber Mission Force teams
- Experience leading teams conducting Cyber Operations
SRC IS A CONTRACTOR FOR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT, THIS POSITION WILL REQUIRE U.S. CITIZENSHIP AS WELL AS, A U.S. GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE AT THE TOP SECRET / SCI LEVEL
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology and engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. For positions requiring a security clearance, selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We strongly believe in the abundance of differences among individuals. We value different points of view and appreciate diverse perspectives. We truly believe this is what makes our organization inclusive and more responsive to the needs of our diverse customers.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Scientific Research Corporation endeavors to make accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact for assistance. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Red Team Network Architect is responsible for the customer network security; by designing, implementing, and managing security countermeasures when network vulnerabilities are discovered.
- Execute Red Team engagements in a variety of networks using real-world adversarial Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) from conception to report delivery.
- Conduct open-source intelligence gathering, network vulnerability scanning, exploitation of vulnerable services, lateral movement, install persistence in a target network(s), and manage C2 infrastructure.
- Safely utilize attacker tools, tactics, and procedures when in sensitive environments/devices.
- Demonstrate expertise in one of the following: Active Directory, Software Development, Incident Response, or Cloud Infrastructure.
- Carefully document and log all exploitation activities.
- Document identified vulnerabilities and research corrective/remediation actions in order to recommend a risk mitigation technique(s).
- Demonstrate new vulnerabilities and assist Network Defenders (Blue Team) with the refinement of detection capabilities.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable Red Team policies, Standing Ground Rules, regulations, and compliance documents.
- Communicate effectively with team members and during an engagement.
- Ability to think unconventionally in order to develop adversarial TTPs.
- Keep current with TTPs and the latest offensive security techniques.
- Significant understanding in hunting ransomware & advanced persistent threats
- Search network flow, PCAP, logs, and EDR sensors for evidence of cyber-attack patterns
- Determine the extent of compromise, attributes of any malware and possible data exfiltration
- Actively hunt for Indicators of Compromise (IOC) and APT Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP) in the network and in the host as necessary
- Knowledge of Lolbinz abuse, privilege escalation, MITRE ATT&CK framework, threat hunt methodologies
- Forensically analyze end user systems and servers found to have possible indicators of compromise
- Analysis of artifacts collected during a security incident/forensic analysis
- Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources and present concise, relevant information to both technical and non-technical audience