Senior Transportation Operations Engineer - Hiring Immediately
Ashburn, VA 20147
Are you excited about using new types of data and emerging transportation technologies to optimize the Nation’s transportation system? Are you passionate about helping state and local agencies apply innovative operations strategies to keep people and goods moving safely during work zones, traffic incidents, bad weather, or special events? Do your talents span communications and analytical problem solving?
If so then please consider joining the Leidos Surface Transportation Solutions team.
Leidos seeks a Senior Transportation Operations Engineer to provide leadership on projects under contract to the U.S. Department of Transportation (U.S. DOT) Federal Highway Administration and State/Local Departments of Transportation (DOTs).
Senior Transportation Operations Engineer responsibilities:
• Ensure organizational preparedness for non-recurring events (incidents, work zones, special events, weather, etc.) and associated disruptions to transportation operations.
• Identify, inform, and engage staff on opportunities to advance industry practices
• Provide technical leadership to staff working on projects of national significance and proposals focused on manage disruptions to transportation operations.
• Produce project deliverables including guidebooks, analysis tools, training courses, and workshops. Lead workshops and training for State and local agencies, collaborate with transportation agencies to pilot advance technologies and emerging data in operations, and conduct research in the areas of work zone safety and mobility, traffic incident management, and road-weather management systems.
• Discern customer and stakeholder needs and anticipate future requirements
• Manage and lead multiple projects related to transportation operations. Projects range in size from approximately $100,000 to $5 million.
• Manage the project budget, schedule, client interactions, and deliverable quality.
• Oversee and direct work performed by subcontractors and other project staff to meet project objectives.
• Develop new business in the transportation operations area in the Federal and state/local markets and maintain existing client engagement.
• Lead proposals for the operations program, including team management, writing, content review, developing work breakdown structures and budget.
Typical job functions include:
• Developing analytical solutions to client’s research objectives.
• Authoring technical reports.
• Providing systems engineering documentation.
• Facilitating meetings, workshops, and roundtables with project staff, clients, and stakeholders.
• Reviewing project deliverables (reports, software, etc.) and directing revisions.
• Providing technical guidance to proposal managers, project managers, and other staff.
• Leading preparation of proposals.
• Requires a Bachelors degree and a minimum of 12+ years of prior relevant experience or a Masters degree with a minimum of 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
• Master’s degree in transportation operations, transportation systems, advanced transportation technology, or similar is highly desired.
• Experience should include increasing levels of technical leadership of significant work on transportation activities.
• Experience with ensuring organizational preparedness to deal with non-recurring events and associated disruptions to transportation operations.
• In-depth experience with at least one of the following areas and familiarity with all of the areas: work zones, traffic incidents, planned special events, and adverse weather.
• Experience demonstrating a thorough understanding of data, connected and automated vehicles, and transportation safety in relation to preparing and dealing with nonrecurring events.
• Demonstrated understanding of the tradeoffs and considerations in safety and mobility related to managing disruptions on highways.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong analytic and quantitative skills
• Fluency with Microsoft Office tools/programs, especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; Microsoft Access is a plus.
• Demonstrated project management experience ideally for Federal government projects.
• Detail-oriented, self-motivated, highly organized, and strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Work experience in a consulting environment.
• Detailed knowledge of U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Highway Administration’s Operations Program.
• Experience working with state or local DOTs on implementing real world programs/training for managing disruptions to operations
• Ability to conduct statistical analyses and design program evaluations.
• Field/management experience in managing highway disruptions, mitigating traffic impacts from disruptions, and achieving operational resiliency.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
$26,000.00 to $56,000.00 annually Full-time STERLING, VA 20164 Urgently Hiring Est. $16.10 - $21.08 Full-time, Part-time Sterling, VA 20163 Urgently Hiring Est. $27.22 - $30.04 Full-time Dulles, VA 20101 Urgently Hiring Est. $13.83 - $21.08 Full-time, Part-time Sterling, VA 20167 Urgently Hiring Est. $23.25 - $43.94 Full-time, Part-time Sterling, VA 20163 Urgently Hiring Est. $23.25 - $43.94 Full-time, Part-time Sterling, VA 20163 Urgently Hiring Full-time Washington, DC 20036 Full-time, Part-time Washington, DC 20036 $20.00 to $20.00 hourly Full-time, Part-time Glen burnie, MD 21061 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time Washington, DC 20036 Full-time, Part-time Washington, DC 20036 Full-time, Part-time Washington, DC 20036 Full-time, Part-time Washington, DC 20036 Full-time, Part-time Washington, DC 20036 Full-time, Part-time Washington, DC 20036