RN Float - Now Hiring
Royal Oak, MI 48073
RN Float, Full-time Med Surge Midnights
Midnights shift position for the Royal Oak Nursing Resource Pool.
Improve health, instill humanity and inspire hope. That’s just the beginning of the difference you can make when you join our team of Registered Nurses on the Med Surge Unit at Beaumont Hospital Royal Oak
Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
Beaumont, Royal Oak opened on January 24, 1955, as a 238-bed community hospital. Today, the hospital serves as the largest hospital in the Beaumont network. This is a 1,131-bed major academic and referral center with Level I adult trauma and Level II pediatric trauma designations. Beaumont, Royal Oak has 44 residency and fellowship programs with 481 residents and fellows. Beaumont is the exclusive clinical partner of the Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine with more than 1,400 Beaumont doctors on faculty. The advanced capabilities and clinical expertise within this center have earned us Magnet® designation four consecutive times, the distinction of being Michigan’s first Diagnostic Imaging Center of Excellence, and recognition as the #2 hospital in Michigan and one of the top hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
As a Registered Nurse, under the ANA scope of practice, you will utilize the framework of the nursing process to provide professional nursing care by incorporating patient-family centered care principles. The Registered Nurse provides quality patient care under the direction of the Nurse Leader according to Beaumont policies and procedures.
Beaumont offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
- NEW On-demand pay program – powered by Payactiv
- Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
- Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of products and services
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance plans
- Relocation assistance
- Generous retirement savings, disability insurance, identify theft protection and even home and auto insurance
- Free onsite parking at all campuses
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Diploma, A.D.N., B.S.N., M.S.N., DNP/PhD – if not minimum BSN prepared, new graduate/nurse with less than one (1) year experience is required to sign an educational contract upon hire to complete BSN within specified timeframe and adhere to contract stipulations. RN must enroll in an accredited BSN program within one (1) year of hire date and complete within the next three (3) years. This is effective September 1, 2017.
Specialty Certification highly recommended after 2 years in specialty.
- Work Experience: 2 years related acute care nursing experience. Must demonstrate proficiency through competency testing in all nursing areas eligible for floating.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: RN with active license in State of Michigan
- Other Qualifications:
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers certification and other certifications as required by department.
- ACLS within 6 months of hire/transfer.
- Apply the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, and discharge needs of patient/family/significant other.
- Apply the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care (PFCC) in practice and uses this knowledge to personalize care for each patient/family.
- Recognize the impact of nursing care and patient/family partnerships on patient outcomes.
- Partner with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in planning plan of care.
- Provide quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally responsible).
- Aid individuals in a manner that considers their special needs, age-related and cultural-related needs.
- Recognize the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources in planning patient care.
- Delegate appropriate tasks.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and competently performs technical procedures and uses equipment properly.
- Document in the patient record in a timely, accurate and concise manner. Develops teaching strategies for patient/family; documents education and learning appropriately in health record.
- Demonstrate leadership in the professional practice setting and is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring peers, and educating patients and families.
- Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and incorporates evidence-based practice and research into practice. Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
- Complete a self-appraisal that includes professional goals annually and completes peer review.
- Participate in department-based activities, staff meetings and committees.
- Actively participates in hand offs of care, including the patient, family, and partners in care.
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural traditions and lore of community served.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
- Physical Effort:
Position requires ability to frequently push/pull up to 30 lb. objects with assist of others, occasional requires ability to lift objects more than 50 lbs. with others, constantly lift objects up to 20 lbs. And frequently lift to 40 lbs.
- Manual Dexterity
Position requires incumbent to constantly perform simple motor skills such as standing, walking and simple manipulative skills such as writing. Position requires incumbent to frequently perform moderately difficult manipulative skills such as positioning patients.
Position requires incumbent to constantly perform gross body coordination such as walking. Frequently perform tasks which require hand-eye coordination such as assisting patients to eat, collections of specimens for transport to lab and tasks which require arm-hand steadiness such as taking patients temps and pulses.
Position requires incumbent to constantly walk and stand; occasionally sit for prolonged periods, frequently bend such as when caring for a patient in bed.
- Visual Discrimination
Position requires incumbent to constantly see objects far away as in driving and see close objects such as reading thermometers.
Position requires incumbent to constantly be able to hear normal sound with some background noise as in answering phone/intercom. Frequently be able to distinguish sound as in equipment alarms.
- Work Environment:
- Employee may be frequently exposed to electro-magnetic radiations as in VDTs. Occasionally exposed to hazardous material other than blood, body tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins, cytotoxins, chemical hazardous materials, bodily injuries, loud and/or unpleasant noises, high humidity, electrical hazards, or poisonous substances. Infrequently exposed to blood, body tissue, or fluids. Seldom exposed to fluctuations in temperature, grease, oil, and radiation.
- Potential risk of an exposure to hazardous medications or waste materials of hazardous medications.
This is where begins. Find out where it can take you and your career. Apply Now!
Est. $29.74 - $37.11 Full-time, Part-time Birmingham, MI 48009 Urgently Hiring Est. $29.74 - $37.11 Full-time, Part-time Troy, MI 48083 Urgently Hiring Est. $29.74 - $37.11 Full-time, Part-time Troy, MI 48083 Urgently Hiring Est. $29.74 - $37.11 Full-time Madison heights, MI 48071 Urgently Hiring Full-time, Part-time Birmingham, MI 48009 Urgently Hiring Est. $29.74 - $37.11 Full-time, Part-time Southfield, MI 48076 Urgently Hiring Est. $29.74 - $37.11 Full-time, Part-time Birmingham, MI 48009 Est. $29.74 - $37.11 Full-time, Part-time Southfield, MI 48076 Est. $29.74 - $37.11 Full-time, Part-time Troy, MI 48083 Urgently Hiring Est. $29.74 - $37.11 Full-time, Part-time Royal oak, MI 48067 Est. $29.74 - $37.11 Full-time, Part-time Birmingham, MI 48009 Urgently Hiring Est. $29.74 - $37.11 Full-time Oak park, MI 48237 Urgently Hiring Est. $29.74 - $37.11 Full-time Madison heights, MI 48071 Urgently Hiring Est. $29.74 - $37.11 Full-time, Part-time Troy, MI 48085 Urgently Hiring Est. $29.74 - $37.11 Full-time, Part-time Southfield, MI 48037 Urgently Hiring Est. $29.74 - $37.11 Full-time Troy, MI 48083 Urgently Hiring Est. $29.74 - $37.11 Full-time Sterling heights, MI 48310 Urgently Hiring Est. $29.74 - $37.11 Full-time Roseville, MI 48066 Urgently Hiring